Sundown Audio

Best amp for this setup?

Jon Tyler

So im going to put 1 DAD BD-12 in my tahoe. (this is for a beginner setup). My electrical and such will all be upgraded, 0 gauge wiring and all. I was wondering what the best amp for this would be. The Bd-12 sub is rated at 1000 watts rms, 2000 peak. So im kind of in an odd position. I could go with two 1000 watt amps or one 2500 watt amp, but i don't want to blow the sub. Please help :)

Jon Funda

Car audio Enthusiast and Still learning

Ragnarok Scenario Player, Youngblood #111

It's a 1k sub buy a 1k amp.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

So im going to put 1 DAD BD-12 in my tahoe. (this is for a beginner setup). My electrical and such will all be upgraded, 0 gauge wiring and all. I was wondering what the best amp for this would be. The Bd-12 sub is rated at 1000 watts rms, 2000 peak. So im kind of in an odd position. I could go with two 1000 watt amps or one 2500 watt amp, but i don't want to blow the sub. Please help :)

go with an amp that puts out rated 1k watts you might get a bit more or less power but you won't blow your sub as opposed to if you feed it 2500 watts

go with an amp that puts out rated 1k watts you might get a bit more or less power but you won't blow your sub as opposed to if you feed it 2500 watts

ok. i mean this is a temporary setup until later on, when i can spend a larger amount on subs. And I'm not even sure if this is going to be my final setup. I'm still working things out.

Jon Funda

Car audio Enthusiast and Still learning

Ragnarok Scenario Player, Youngblood #111

I would go with a 2k amp at least. It's not that much power. With the motor I saw it has, your sub can easily handle that power. You need to be careful on your currents though.

2007 Peugeot 206 1400cc 75hp

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH 80PRS
Speakers+Tweeters Amplifier: 2 x Hifonics Colossus Generation X3
Bass Amplifiers: 2 x Taramps HD8000 (quadraple copper terminals by Toolmaker Metalworkz)
Tweeters: 6 x Digital Designs VO-B2 + 4 x Beyma CP21/f
Midrange Speakers: 20 x 8" Beyma 8M100 Nd
Subwoofers: 2 x Digital Designs 9918 walled
Alternators: Mechman 320A universal + Bosch 260A
RCA: Dragster OFC twisted triple shielded
Wires: 0gauge big3 upgrade with SP audio, Currents with SP audio, Grounds with Rockford Fosgate
Batteries: 980AH of power with copper rails.
Alarm: Python 5303P

So far 161.4 dB with a Cadence 9kW @ Salamina 2014.

Archived