Second Skin Audio

Acheskie

PLEASE READ COMPLETELY

Car is a 1992 ford taurus. Everything is upgraded except for the alternator. Will be running 0 guage when i get more power.

WALL WILL BE TO THE SPECS OF HDC4 15s. 2 of them. About 9 cubic feet net tuned to about 29-30 hz.

The interior of my car is HUGE. I have one Soundqubed hds215 in the trunk. I just feel like it isn't big enough for my air space. My plan is to wall at the b pillars, and get a second hds215. Then i will be saving up for a pair of hdc4s. I would prefer to keep them 15s. Is it worth it to wall off 15s? Walled at the b pillar my airspace will be about that of an extended cab pickup. Any help would be appreciated.

Currently i'm pushing about 1100 rms to my one 15 and will wire my amp to 1 ohm for the second. So a total of about 750-800 will be going to it. Once i get the hdc4s i will be getting a dc 5k. Electrical will be upgraded along the way as well.

Basically my question is, is it worth it to wall off the 15s? This car is my beater and i'm not afraid to cut or foam directly to the car.

Thanks for the help!

I realise i will not hit a 150 or something ridiculous. My goal is low 140s at least. I was also looking at the sundown x 15 but the hdc4s seem to have a bigger motor.

Other tips/tricks/hints will also be appreciated. Such as how to seal off the wall with a trim piece. This will be my first wall and is an experimental build. First post by the way.

You do have the room and space, but why not two 18"s? If you're set on the 15"s, then yes it can be a decent daily capable of 45+

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Because i have a 15 now, and i will pick up a second. The box will be designed for the new 15s and i will put my current ones in. It will take me a while to save up for the new amp/subs. I'm not hell bent on having as much cone area as possible.

You do have the room and space, but why not two 18"s? If you're set on the 15"s, then yes it can be a decent daily capable of 45+

Have you thought about 4 15s?

I mean I could probably fit that in a wall in my car. So you definitely have more room. But I mean if you don't have the budget then obviously sticking with 2 would be fine.

In my opinion I'd save up and go for 4 15s. Then the wall would be worth it more I think. But it's up to you

Have you thought about 4 15s?

I mean I could probably fit that in a wall in my car. So you definitely have more room. But I mean if you don't have the budget then obviously sticking with 2 would be fine.

In my opinion I'd save up and go for 4 15s. Then the wall would be worth it more I think. But it's up to you

Exactly what I was thinking. I mean if you're going to take the time to (almost)permanently remove your backseats, you might as well do a damn good system in it.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Archived