Question on my electrical

Fusing 0 Gauge CCA to 250A is risky business, if you are unlucky the wire melts before the fuse blows. (especially if you drain 200-240A continuously

Normally you shouldn't get to 250 amp with only the T2500, but it's possible.

what do you wire and fuse do you recommend for a bdcp 2500 and TMA 440.4

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Fusing 0 Gauge CCA to 250A is risky business, if you are unlucky the wire melts before the fuse blows. (especially if you drain 200-240A continuously

Normally you shouldn't get to 250 amp with only the T2500, but it's possible.

what do you wire and fuse do you recommend for a bdcp 2500 and TMA 440.4

0 Guage OFC (especially if you want to connect both amps to 1 run of wire), so copper wire instead of aluminium. Fusing would be appropriate to the wire which is 300A.

And use a distribution block from 0guage input to 1 0guage output (for the T2500) and 1 4guage ouput for the TMA440.4.

If you want to go cheap on OFC wire, then buy OFC welding wire that always has the correct size. (just make sure it's a true 0 AWG rating)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Just going to be really honest with you here. It needs to be said

- A single run of CCA is not enough for this. I wouldn't be surprised if you are seeing mid 10v at your amp. volt meter

- You don't have enough batteries

- You don't have enough alt

- OFC is fused to 300a. People say to fuse CCA to 250. But IMO fuse to 200 since it's only about 2/3 as conductive as OFC.

- The questions you are asking, and you intended electrical setup make me question if this setup is a good choice for you right now

And for the love of god..... please type better because all of your sentences run on and you jump from thought to thought and it makes it really hard to follow along and i cant really understand what you are saying because it gets lost in translation and its hard to help you when i dont know whats going on and its really annoying so stop please

T2500 on stock alternator, CCA and stock batteries = bad.

A t2500bdcp is like a Ferrari, and your electrical is like 87 octane.

I don't understand why people do this. You can buy a Fosgate 0 gage dual amp kit with everything you need OFC, dist blocks, all that for $170.

Ok so if I plan on upgrading to 1/0 awg ofc skyhigh then will that be okay for 1 run and be enough for both amps?

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

2/0 sky high IMO if you are bent on only doing 1 run

You need to consider front-back voltage drop. Not just the wire's thermal capacity

You need to consider front-back voltage drop. Not just the wire's thermal capacity

ok so if I upgrade to 2/0 ofc what size fuses under hood and back battery and what size fuse in distrib block for the 2500? I already have the 50 amp fuse for the other amp

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Start at 300a and see how that treats you. I'm leary of going any larger because you have stock batteries and alt. Any larger and I think you'll run the risk of the battery and/or alt not being able to supply enough power to blow it in a reasonable time

Got it thanks snowdrifter :)

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

0.52V with the 0guage wiring and 0.43volts with the 2/0 guage wiring. (that's with a 300A over a distance of 9ft , which seems a bit more then what will really happen)

Not really something that would make any difference. (0.09V...)

Start at 300a and see how that treats you. I'm leary of going any larger because you have stock batteries and alt. Any larger and I think you'll run the risk of the battery and/or alt not being able to supply enough power to blow it in a reasonable time

All you have to do is fuse at the wire rating, the fuse is there to stop your wire from burning.

A 300 amp fuse on 2/0 guage wiring won't stop him from blowing the amplifier if he isn't careful.

OP:

You will need a upgraded alternator with a minimum capacity of 200 amps, obviously choosing one that is 250 or a bit higher won't change the cost a lot but the price/performance will increase dramatically.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived