Sundown Audio

Mounting depth is 2 5/8 inches. Magnet is like 3 5/8 in diameter. The terminals are push terminals so if space is limited and you have the magnet going in a hole or something just keep in mind that the terminals need 1 3/4 inches of clearance. Sorry I don't have pictures, but I have the speakers right in my garage so I can measure whatever you need. I'm not gonna post pics though sorry.

I really like these by-the-way. They are some great speakers for the price. I ran them HP at 80hz on 120 watts each side, they would scream. They didn't sound quite as good as my JL XR650s so I put the JLs back in, but for less than half the price I forgive them. Also I say they don't sound as good, but that's at high volume. Medium volume they sound smooth and clear. I mean they didn't sound as good with the volume up to the point where you aren't sure if you should go anymore, like 2 clicks from clipping kind of loud.

Dimensions.jpg

Mid

Diameter of outermost part of frame 164.5mm=6.48inches

Diameter from just inside the lip of the outer frame 151mm=5.95inches

Top of surround to bottom of magnet 72.5mm=2.85inches

Top of frame to bottom of magnet 70.5mm=2.78inches

Bottom of frame to bottom of magnet (Minimum mounting depth) 66.2mm=2.6inches

Diameter of magnet 85mm=3.35inches

Minimum cut-out diameter 142mm=5.6inches

Tweeter

Diameter of outermost plastic 54.5mm=2.15inches

Top of grill to bottom of housing 25mm=.98inches

Minimum mounting depth 17mm=.67inches

Minimum cut-out diameter 45mm=1.77inches

Mounting depth is 2 5/8 inches. Magnet is like 3 5/8 in diameter. The terminals are push terminals so if space is limited and you have the magnet going in a hole or something just keep in mind that the terminals need 1 3/4 inches of clearance. Sorry I don't have pictures, but I have the speakers right in my garage so I can measure whatever you need. I'm not gonna post pics though sorry.

I really like these by-the-way. They are some great speakers for the price. I ran them HP at 80hz on 120 watts each side, they would scream. They didn't sound quite as good as my JL XR650s so I put the JLs back in, but for less than half the price I forgive them. Also I say they don't sound as good, but that's at high volume. Medium volume they sound smooth and clear. I mean they didn't sound as good with the volume up to the point where you aren't sure if you should go anymore, like 2 clicks from clipping kind of loud.

Glad you like them -- the comparison to the XR set is a compliment. I used to own that set years ago until I bought a Linear Power 2.2HV and popped the mids :) Switched to some Morel MW-168 and kept the tweeters. IIRC that was in 2001-2002 or so.

I think you will really like some of the future components I am working on that will keep getting louder well beyond what the SA set will -- but will also retain the smooth sound.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg