Sonic Electronix

New Car Soon + Sealed Off Trunk Suggestions ONE 15?

Hey everyone I'm looking for a new car that I want to start a new competition build in asap, but don't know what Brand car to actually get. I need a LARGE Trunk but still want the car to be an 08 or newer, just need a few suggestions. My goal is to put in One Fi Team15 Sealed Off forward from the trunk, but I want it as far in forward as possible. (ex: just like "Ninja" here:

)

Im having a hard time picking the right vehicle that would be possible to do this for a single 15...or does the vehicle not matter? Did he just cut the metal in the back dash/trunk area? Please help, thanks to all!

Ninjas is so far forward because he really has nowhere to put it while giving the room he needs

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If its for competition, you'll want the sub as far 'back' as possible.

does it really work this way ? the farther u move the subs to the back the bigger SPL gains you get?

I thought completely opposite..

OP: whats ur budget?

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Ninjas is so far forward because he really has nowhere to put it while giving the room he needs

Exactly.

And, of course, I am sure there exceptions dependant on vehicle and all the other factors in car audio. But in most cases, it seems the further from the windshield the sub is (in a trunk) the better the numbers.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

when i had my Saturn with my 2 12s (seats down) subs and port firing into trunk my subs were much louder with them as far back to the trunk lid as possible. i thought huh maybe push them closer to the cabin. thinking the closer the subs the louder they will be. nope! with the subs back to the lid i had allot of rattle even tho i had two layers of stinger road kill. i took a old quilt folded it up placed it on my box and slammed my trunk as hard as i could. it stopped all my rattle! in my trunk anyway. it might have taken some output out but it was better then listening to the the constant buzzing.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

He used every cubic inch of that trunk lol.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Ok guys so basically you're telling me doing almost exactly what Jcplaya3 (Altima1) is doing with his single 15 is best?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/158900-removable-rear-door-brace-started-06-altima-6k-trunk-build-fi-15-sp4-hair-trick-vids/

Thing is, he mentions he used 250+ sq ft of sound deadener in the vehicle, i REALLY dont want it to have to come to that. I just got 80 sq ft of Alpha Damp, and I'm realizing im going to have to order at Least another 80 regardless...but 250 seems ridiculous to me. Also, I am going to a competition but I am NOT after Numbers, I'm more towards SQ as well as just having Hair-trick slapping low end response...

Btw: anyone have any car suggestions (with large trunks)?

Appreciate the feedback as always guys!

Archived