Second Skin Audio

Looking for help on new subs!!

Looking to buy a 18" subwoofer or two, dont know which route to take. Had a Fi Q18 i liked but got stolen so im looking for something else. I have about 11 or 1200 i would like to spend on the sub/subs. Thinking of either gtting 2 Fi Sp4s for around 1100, or 1 Dc Level 6 18. I dont know how much Dc usually runs for but I assume the level 6 is something close to that price. I have an extended cab silverado Im going to take the seat out of to build my box so box space isnt too much a factor. Kind of like the AA Smd subs but somethings is telling me level 6 over the smd. So tell me what you guys think about this.

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

Or even possibly a Incriminator Audio Warden 21"?

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

Thanks crispy_chick3n, what route would you take?

lol, well im thinking of getting maybe 2 level 6s, didnt know they were 800 or so a piece. Juuuusssttt maayybe.

You wont find the SMD sub anymore unless its used. AA dont make them. What about AA mayhems? How much power you gonna put to it. You can even look into the Team Mayhems, straight beasts!

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

What are you looking to achieve with the subwoofers that you are going to buy?

Do you already know which amp you want?

Are you ready for the costs needed to upgrade your electrical?

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I know that I will have to upgrade alot of electrical, and I dont know what amp or amps I am going with yet. Or what ohm to get the subs in because they come in.7 up to 2 ohm. I just want a build that will crush the lows. Probably gonna build a bandpass box or at least ported to start out.

Archived