Sonic Electronix

Buying a amp on a budget

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe look into one of the mainstream brands? Not sure what alpines mrx line is going for these days but you can always try that.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Yeah couldn't you just strap them and gain match it?

you dont need to gain match strapped amps. everything is controlled via the amp that is set as the Master. knob positions dont matter whatsoever for the slave amp.

Huh I didn't know that. I've never dealt with strapped amps before, I just know it's an option. Or the OP could get a good quality amp and run it at .5 ohms if it'd be more cost efficient. My Sundown SAZ-1500d v.3 runs 2k at .5 ohms without breaking a sweat.

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

So help me here. I got Master/slave and Input and lineout, how do you go about doing this?. when strapping and matching gain I thought u need a volt meter and have to check the voltage on the pos and neg on each amps speaker terminals to make them match?

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Yeah couldn't you just strap them and gain match it?

you dont need to gain match strapped amps. everything is controlled via the amp that is set as the Master. knob positions dont matter whatsoever for the slave amp.

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

So set one amp to Master other amp to slave? Run RCAs from line out to line in. Tune Master amp only and as long as the 2nd amp is in slave mode its setting have no effect? Sorry im new to strapping also, so im trying to learn. thanks for the help, much appreciated.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

That's exactly correct :D

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

So set one amp to Master other amp to slave? Run RCAs from line out to line in. Tune Master amp only and as long as the 2nd amp is in slave mode its setting have no effect? Sorry im new to strapping also, so im trying to learn. thanks for the help, much appreciated.

When you strap amps there is a strap in/out on each one and you use one RCA cable between them. Speaker connections are between the two and there is a jumper between negative speaker outs. Once you have that little bit of interconnectivity, you treat them just like any other single amp and use the controls on the master for settings.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

When you strap amps there is a strap in/out on each one and you use one RCA cable between them. Speaker connections are between the two and there is a jumper between negative speaker outs. Once you have that little bit of interconnectivity, you treat them just like any other single amp and use the controls on the master for settings.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

I was going to post a picture but couldn't figure it out. can I strap this amp? I don't see a strap in or out on it. Its a SPL gla1-6000D. Its a cheap amp but if I can get atleast 1k out of each amp that's perfect for me

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS