Im no pro that's how we learn and improve keep up the good work

Your doors look like they went alot better then mine, i am learning but i cant say i did that great of work. O well i will keep trying.

All it is, is a matter of patience, buddy. Execution was great. No fail here, all a matter of how much time you want to dump into sanding. Looks good.

Looking at my build log i have been working on these doors for over a month now. I have gone through so much body filler and sand paper and primer and ect. on these things its not even funny and i still cant get them right... They are looking better each time i work on them but i feel i have spent way more time and money then i should have. Wish i had someone to guide me on the tips and tricks but i guess im gonna learn on my own. Im ready to just throw them on the doors and be done with it... :shrug:

I know it can sometimes seem like you've dumped a ton into your doors, but remember it's only your first time, and like you said each time you work on them you get better.

IMO they look pretty damn good, yea more sanding and fill is probably needed, but shit just leave it for now, roll with what you have, and you can always go back and re finish them when you have more motivation and energy. (And maybe after hearing it for awhile, you'll decide it's good enough or to go in a diff direction, who knows)

I left my pods bare for like a month (looked like a pink spotted cow lol) bc I felt exactly like you do... Just take a break from it and come back... You'll feel refreshed, ready to work on them, and chances are you'll do better work when you "want" to work on them.

Good advice. Yeah im taking a break from them and im gonna throw them on just to give them a listen and then im getting a major tune up before i start saving for some upgrades. I gotta just quit stressing it.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im no pro that's how we learn and improve keep up the good work

Your doors look like they went alot better then mine, i am learning but i cant say i did that great of work. O well i will keep trying.

All it is, is a matter of patience, buddy. Execution was great. No fail here, all a matter of how much time you want to dump into sanding. Looks good.

Looking at my build log i have been working on these doors for over a month now. I have gone through so much body filler and sand paper and primer and ect. on these things its not even funny and i still cant get them right... They are looking better each time i work on them but i feel i have spent way more time and money then i should have. Wish i had someone to guide me on the tips and tricks but i guess im gonna learn on my own. Im ready to just throw them on the doors and be done with it... :shrug:
I know it can sometimes seem like you've dumped a ton into your doors, but remember it's only your first time, and like you said each time you work on them you get better.

IMO they look pretty damn good, yea more sanding and fill is probably needed, but shit just leave it for now, roll with what you have, and you can always go back and re finish them when you have more motivation and energy. (And maybe after hearing it for awhile, you'll decide it's good enough or to go in a diff direction, who knows)

I left my pods bare for like a month (looked like a pink spotted cow lol) bc I felt exactly like you do... Just take a break from it and come back... You'll feel refreshed, ready to work on them, and chances are you'll do better work when you "want" to work on them.

Good advice. Yeah im taking a break from them and im gonna throw them on just to give them a listen and then im getting a major tune up before i start saving for some upgrades. I gotta just quit stressing it.

Sound advice im ready to call it quits and carpet my doors... so much more sanding painting seems like years away but plus we all have lives. Full time jobs families etc

Check out my build slow but... slow and steady wins the race

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185561-1st-build-budget-toyota-mark-2/

Lookin good man. Really like the doors.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

SO IM JUST DOING A LITTLE MORE WORK ON THE DOORS AND THEN IM THROWING THEM ON THERE AND GONNA RUN SOME SPEAKER WIRE BACK TO THE TRUNK. SO I MADE A SMALL LITTLE PURCHASE ON AMAZON TODAY, I DIDN'T LEAVE MUCH INFO LEAVING IT A LITTLE BIT OF A SURPRISE. ^_^
ta4280_zps78d9dde8.png

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

DECENT LITTLE UPDATE...

SO HERES THE NEW AMP, THE SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280 CLASS A/B 4 CH AMP. PERFECT TO RUN COMPONENTS OR MY MID BASS 8S NOT SURE WHAT IM RUNNING ON IT YET BUT IT WILL DO THE TRICK FOR SURE.

100_7652_zpse9a7a6f0.jpg

100_7651_zps065a6731.jpg

100_7650_zpsd8bc47a5.jpg

I KINDA GAVE UP ON THE DOOR PANELS SO THIS IS THE LAST FEW PICTURES YOU MIGHT SEE OF THEM UNTIL I GET THEM FIXED UP... THEY ARE PRETTY SOLID BUT NOT THAT PRETTY. I STILL HAVE TO RUN SPEAKER WIRE BACK TO THE TRUNK. I HAD A LITTLE TROUBLE GETTING THEM BACK ON THE DOORS, THEY KINDA WARPED OR FROM ALL THE WEIGHT OF THE FILLER AND ECT. MADE IT SOMEWHAT DEFORMED..... ANYWAYS SO YEAH THATS IT FOR THEM FOR NOW.

100_7642_zps02bbc39d.jpg

100_7643_zpsd5df9157.jpg

100_7653_zps8a053df4.jpg

100_7655_zpse888489c.jpg

100_7654_zps607d1a42.jpg

100_7657_zps8b3a8aff.jpg

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

I'd wrap them in black carpet ;) Will look real clean, ezpz.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

YEAH SO AFTER THEM DOORS AND BULLSHIT I DRANK ALOT OF THIS STUFF. LOL

100_7646_zps4e700ef4.jpg

100_7658_zps195bec6b.jpg

HERES HOW THE TUNE UP IS GOING.... SO THE WHOLE AIR INTAKE SYSTEM IS CLEANED UP... I HAD TO REPLACE THE RUBBER HOSE/BOOT ON THE AIR INTAKE. I CLEANED THE THROTTLE BODY OUT, ALL THAT SHIT ON THAT WHITE-T IS FROM THE THROTTLE BODY. NEW HOSES AND CLAMPS. STILL GOT MORE WORK TO COME.

100_7648_zps803ab1fd.jpg

100_7641_zps8a15935d.jpg

100_7647_zps7afb8e02.jpg

100_7645_zps8f42ff6e.jpg

100_7644_zps9fb399f1.jpg

100_7649_zpsa3d05ea0.jpg

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

I'd wrap them in black carpet ;) Will look real clean, ezpz.

Dude I cant even wrap a dam birthday present, idk if I can wrap a door any better. :lol2: I wouldn't know what material to use and how to really go about doing it but yeah im totally up for ideas to make it look a lot nicer and clean it up.

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

It's not that hard bro! Carpet's so forgiving! Just get some spray adhesive, spray that shit on the back of the carpet, spray it on the door pod, let it sit a few mins so it can tack up, then stick it on and try not to get any folds/creases.

If you end up getting some folds/creases that you end up not being able to get out, then just slit the fold with a razor and take the two adjacent flaps and they'll meet up.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Archived