Second Skin Audio

4th order have a few Q's

Socky

Alright im about to build a 4th order for my jeep today. The max dem are 24x42x20, This gives me roughly 5.5 ported tuned to 44hz and 2.25 sealed, doing a slow port up, with about 111 sq in of port. Now one of my questions is would a full sheet and a half be enough to make this box? I did the math in my head and i believe i have just enough wood to make it. If not i have a few small pieces of mdf i can part with. Im hoping for a bandwidth around the mid 20's and the mid 40's anywhere close to that will be fine, as long as it will be able to play 23hz at the minimum only cause i dig few low end songs.

The equipment is a single sundown zv3 with ns softparts, will be powered by 2 apsm 1500s at 2 ohm strapped.

Goal is more of a decent bandwidth and more musical with the capabilities of digging deep in the low end with efficiency and maintaining a tight punch. Ive built a few 4th orders, this will be my first for my own personal use.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

single 15

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

yea ive done a 2 sealed and 4 ported with a diamond 15, had plunty of control and low end in the upwards of 1.5k now im readying to step up to a single 4th order in my jeep im really wanted a good low end extension and musical bandwidth. im guessing im going to go ahead and try this one out and if anything ill add polyfill to help my low end. If its to big, ill throw something to take spaces in sealed side.

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

Archived