Anyone heard of "Sonido Mask"? I hadn't when one of their reps contacted me about 2 months ago asking me to test one of their amps. I had never heard of them and really had no interest in testing the amp, but just in the past 2-3 weeks, there has been some buzz going on about them. I got back in touch w/ the rep and asked him if they were still interested in sending me the amp. "Yes" he says, "and we also want to send the newly released ZX3000.1." Send them on, I said.

Here's the video, but for those who don't take the time to watch it, this ZX-1500.1 appears to be nearly identical to the Audiopipe APCL-15001D I tested a few months ago. I honestly could care less, because I use and prefer old school Class A/B amps, but I thought I would post this for anyone interested...

Also - I wasn't paid by the manufacturer to test the amp or make the video, they agreed to send the amp and pay shipping both ways. Again, I'm just doing this for you guys.

Watch on YouTube in 1080P HD

or embedded below:

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Good video. There was alot of talk about this amplifier.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

I haven't watched this but if that is the uncertified mode at .5 I'm going to want to scream at you.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I haven't watched this but if that is the uncertified mode at .5 I'm going to want to scream at you.

I was thinking of you when I added the dynamic run at 0.5. Enjoy!

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

Lol. I'm still waiting for it to click for some people why the uncertified dynamic runs are always about double the certified modes but that light hasn't come on yet. At least they stepped up and let the dyno eat though even if it wasn't what they were expecting. Isn't that almost identical to the amp output as well.

1300 watts rated at 1600.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

It's not the uncertified modes that double, it's the dynamic RMS modes...and they DON'T double for every amp. It depends on how the amp is designed and the current and dynamic capability. I've tested quite a few that only do slightly more in the dynamic RMS modes, so this is important....unless you listen to test tones (or extremely long bass notes). Then the certified mode should be all that matters, those who listen to music will appreciate understanding the dynamic capability of the amp.

Also, I'm not taking up for the mfg rating the amp at 1600W at 1 ohm 1% THD....it's simply not correct.

Again, I'm testing these inexpensive amps for people who are in the market, I don't use them myself. That's how I stay unbiased.

Sonido Mask FX3000.1D Class D Monoblock Amplifier

SPECIFICATION

RMS @ 1 Ohm(<1% DISTORTION) 3000W

RMS @ 2 Ohm(<1% DISTORTION) 2500W

RMS @ 4 Ohm(<1% DISTORTION) 1450W

Frequency Response 8Hz~180Hz

S/N Ratio >70dB

THD <0.2%

Input Level 0.2 ~ 5V

LPF 40Hz~180Hz

SUBSONIC Filter 5Hz~50Hz