Down side of large rims on sedans fwd? No hating please..gtfo if ur gonna hate

Auto patrs will nvr cost me retail..I spent 2 yrs working in the auto parts industry an have made alot of friends..I know ppl working in autozone auto anything oriely carquest metro auto parts managers and associates..so a discount isnt hard for me to find..I dont know where your buying these rediculously priced parts but to upgrade a braking system would only cost me less than 400 on a car like mine for all four

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Had 22s on my 05 MC ... Wasn't that much off from stock (even though ppl thought it would be too big until I pulled it off)... I would probably do 22s before the 4s tho .... the 4s are just a tad bit too much imo.. and the pala is basically a 4 door MC

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

I'm surprised no one has thought about drive train. The wheels are much heavier, so loss of fuel mileage to start. Then transmission heavier load that its not built for. Drive shafts and u joints. If you to put wheel spacers on, in safe. I see people have already said suspension. They are just not built for each other in other real world.

slightly more wear on the transmission. higher chance of suspension failure increases. chance of bending a wheel from a pothole increase. ride quality will decrease(assuming lower profile tires to accommodate the wheels) Slower acceleration. Slower braking. Odometer reading will most likely be off.

feel free to donk out your ride, just keep in mind that it is not beneficial to the car in any way

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

275/35/22 on my jeep. Stock everything. Over 300 miles a week on em. No problems.

Well yeah id figure no problem with that cuz its a jeep. Theyre meant for alot of rotational mass.i bet you could even go bigger on the tire 45 series probably be no problem..but then again you probably like the way the 35 series looks..makes rims look bigger..

I do want to do the 24s..I mean big ass rims would look real nice ive seen some in my generation on 24s and I really like em..but I think ima just going to do 22s because im already having to replace the cv axles on 18s..but its ok I have lifetime warranty on the axles..my new ceramic pads and the rotors and even my lower control arms..which were all common suspension issues in this year fwd chevy from what ive been hearing and reading..and the guy who said impalas are basically 4dr monte carlos..your dead on man..thats a very true statement...same engines and suspensions on difference is the frame and cabin .

20" factory rims on my Tahoe don't look big and no problems. Profile size is a percentage of the width of the tire as many have already explained. Apart from wrecking a rim I feel as though low pro's handle worse than regular tires because believe it or not then your shocks do ALL the work because tires DO actually absorb some shit. Everyone has already been saying what i just said though.

SAM_0483_zps69012c21.jpg

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I do want to do the 24s..I mean big ass rims would look real nice ive seen some in my generation on 24s and I really like em..but I think ima just going to do 22s because im already having to replace the cv axles on 18s..but its ok I have lifetime warranty on the axles..my new ceramic pads and the rotors and even my lower control arms..which were all common suspension issues in this year fwd chevy from what ive been hearing and reading..and the guy who said impalas are basically 4dr monte carlos..your dead on man..thats a very true statement...same engines and suspensions on difference is the frame and cabin .

You will be pleased with the 22s!! Will fill the wheel well and look plenty big with the right rim choice.... as far as the drivetrain it will only be as you drive it... if you try to smash on the gas and abuse the gas pedal racing and shit then yes, your shit will fuck up lol but if your easy on the gas, brake early, basically drive with sense you will be FINE!!! ... and BTW, I had 18s also and the drive quality wasn't off by much... ONLY because I had a lower profile is the ONLY reason I felt the difference... other then that, they both rode good.. its all about getting the right offset and the right tires!!! if you try to put adapters and all that extra shit to make wheels fit then thats where you begin to fuck up... get the right bolt pattern, the right offset, the right width and a "thick" enough low profile like a 35 (can't remember exactly if thats what I had but thats PLENTY of tire) on 22s with that car, you'll be fine... Here's my MC on 22s (damn i miss my baby :( )

facebook_1177778978_zps643115e9.jpg

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Archived