Some electrical help for 5k

Okay so right now i've got 1 run of ofc + from front to back, frame ground for rear batts, and big 3 done with mechman 260a.

My question is, gonna be running a vfl-400.1 here very soon @1, plannin on runnin 2 hdc4s, and as far as electrical I figured I was gonna add a couple more batts, I've currently got 2 94ah. Should I add a second run of something ? How would I run it ? And as far as hooking up dual inputs, figured hook up one set of inputs on one battery, and second set on another batt?

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

You should be fine with one run especially if the majority of the batteries are in the rear. That run from the front to the rear for the most part is going to be used for your alternator to charge the rear batteries, which in the most ideal conditions is only going to produce 260a of current. Most decent ofc cables are rated for atleast 300a.

Also I have a vfl 500.1, it draws around 450a of current. One run is all I run since I have a stock alt and under load that one run isn't anywhere near its rated capability.

This isn't to say that you couldn't slightly benefit from more wire, but if it were me I would invest the money elsewhere.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

IMO if you wanna spend $ shoot for batteries. How many watts RMS are you going to end up with total?

I'm gonna end up around 4800wrms - 5200wrms. And I was thinking either some d3100s or some stinger somethin or others. I work at a shop and we deal in stinger so I can get them for a decent deal.

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

You should be fine with one run especially if the majority of the batteries are in the rear. That run from the front to the rear for the most part is going to be used for your alternator to charge the rear batteries, which in the most ideal conditions is only going to produce 260a of current. Most decent ofc cables are rated for atleast 300a.

Also I have a vfl 500.1, it draws around 450a of current. One run is all I run since I have a stock alt and under load that one run isn't anywhere near its rated capability.

This isn't to say that you couldn't slightly benefit from more wire, but if it were me I would invest the money elsewhere.

Okay that's what I was thinking. When do you think i'd benefit from another run ? And what would I hook it up to and run it to ?

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

Less voltage drop. I was running in my tibiron a dc 5k and 300 watt mtx amp. I had a Ohio gen 327 amp alt 200 idle 2 run 1/0 OFC to back. Big 3 1/0 OFC 2 1/0 grounds to shocktower in front. 2 1/0 grounds to rear shock tower. Xsd3400 up front and 2 dad3100s behind passenger seat.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Make busbars or buy toolmaker ones. Run rear batts together

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Archived