Sonic Electronix

Setting amp gains with DD-1, using built in power of head unit

So, I got a DD-1 to set my gains proper with. Got a 4 CH amp to power two front speakers and two rears, and two sub amps. I am running a pair of 3.5" full range speakers in the dash off of the built in power of my head unit. My pioneer deck distorts at 61, so this is where I would set my amp gains to match the power output of the head unit. However, since I am using the head unit itself to power my 3.5's up front, they would be screaming, and not able to handle the power with the deck up that loud. I am wondering if there's resistors, or a high level control, or something I can do to take some power away from the 3.5's when the head unit is all the way up at 61, because they just can't handle that much power. Is there anything I can do in this situation without having to buy a separate amp just to power the little 3.5" speakers? Thanks.

What 3.5" speakers in the dash your running that cant handle 25 watts from the HU? Or is it the loudness you cant handle? As for setting what everyone else said but be careful doing it that way because if someone where to turn in up past settings things could go wrong. Be nice to find a way to set the 3.5s up to handle the rest of the system at full tilt IMO. Replacing 3.5s way cheaper than, comps and subs, ect.

Archived