XS Power

1005 Big red charger. She wont hit float ? *SOLVED* ...fuggin moron....

The charger has been working up till sunday night like i thought it would. Go up to 14.4, for a while of time, then drift to 13.5, and sit there for ever.

Now, its been charging for 2 days, and this morning, its still at 14.4.

Is this a indication of a issue? Either the charger, or my bat bank?

(bank consists of 4 7500's and 1 3400 under hood)

TIA

Edited by KyLar96

You've been beating on it for a few days straight. Possibly your Batts need some extra loving is all

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

More info i feel i should add.

I did HELLA testing on sunday, during the day. Beat on that fucker like it owed me money. I never saw under 12 at my lowest.

I plugged it in sunday night, at the 25 amp selection, came out to go to work monday morn, and it was still at 14.4. I thought that was odd, and turned it off while i went to work.

Got home from work, double checked everything, all look norm, so i turned it on again, this time at the 15 amp selection. And left it there.

Came out this morning, and shes still at 14.4. So, i just came to work and posted this.

Am i doing something wrong? Or are they just that drained that its taking a bit to hit the full charge, before going into the second stage (float) ?

Again, thanks all.

Kyle

EDIT - NINJA

Edited by KyLar96

What was the voltage on your batteries after you let it sit for the day with the charger off?

Could be they just need a good charge. 25amps will be fine with the battery power you have. I have also seen where an electrical drain pops up and this will cause the charger not to go into float. Put a clamp on the charger and see what the amperage is when it is charging at 13V, or if you have the new 1005 just push the amperage button.

If the charger sees a small drain it thinks the batteries are not fully charged and will continue to charge just about float mode settings.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

What was the voltage on your batteries after you let it sit for the day with the charger off?

Could be they just need a good charge. 25amps will be fine with the battery power you have. I have also seen where an electrical drain pops up and this will cause the charger not to go into float. Put a clamp on the charger and see what the amperage is when it is charging at 13V, or if you have the new 1005 just push the amperage button.

If the charger sees a small drain it thinks the batteries are not fully charged and will continue to charge just about float mode settings.

Oh shit....... i bet that is it. I bet there is a dope light on or something...... Shit..

Cool, ill double check all that. Good call !!!!

Will it be ok like that while im at work, or should i phone the old lady to have her shut it off?

Thanks man........ Your support has always been awesome. :)

No prob man.

It should be fine. It basically will charge just one step above float, because the drain will not be enough to make it overcharge.

Well fuck my face.... it was the dope light left on.

The second you mentioned that, i had a slight thought of me turning it on, when i dropped a pen. ( i was a lil bit drunk, ... we tested/drank for hours...lol)

Sure as shit, it was ON.

Thanks again.

(fuck i feel dumb)

If that was the dumbest thing I heard in a day, than my day would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL You wouldn't believe the calls that come into the office.

Thanks bro.

It was at 13.4 (imagine that!) when i stumbled into my car this morning. :)

thank you again....

EDIT- and, why i couldnt have seen that earlier, is, due to all the ones in the cab, and in the back, i tried changing out to a colored BLUE. Well, they where not the correct ones. They come on, but, even in almost total darkness, they hardly light up. Thats why i couldnt SEE them on. LOL.......:)

Edited by KyLar96