Sundown Audio

gauge recommendation for speaker wire.

JimmyBaldin

The bigger question is this: why do you want to run your mids stage at 1 ohm? That's the least efficient the amp is going to be. Those PRO mids don't need monster amounts of power to sound alive.

14 or 12 gauge is plenty, to answer the question.

Sometimes 16 gauge is cheaper because it's more popular. Just a thought.

yeah but did you actually read the description? 16gauge will never handle 1 ohm and over 750rms. or can be?

How do you figure one run of wire would have to support 750 Watts RMS? There are 4 speakers in question, are there not? That brings my math to, let's say 190 Watts per speaker wire. Yeah, 14 gauge can handle that.

no because i would do i single run to the first speaker , and run from first to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th

That was my first thought to, CleanSierrra ... 1-Ohm to someone's front stage?! Hmmm, ...

... & it appears this gentleman is going to run a SINGLE speaker cable from the amp to the FIRST driver, ... then just "Daisy Chain" the rest from there ... instead of four separate runs so each driver could get its own run from the amp.

Run good 12, & let's see how this all turns out. Photos, HD sound & Vids are an absolule MUST, Sir.

:yahoo:

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 years later...

That reminds me of EXO’s latest video...some homie was running his HCCA’s with 0 gauge to reducers...if u watch the slow motion his subs aren’t even screwed down all the way....but to the OP, 12ga will do the job.

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

Archived