A buddy of mine from overseas just picked up the only two known in existence...Phoenix Gold ZX1200ti "Off Road" amps. They are 4-channel amps rated at 150x4 at 4 ohms, 300x2 at 2 ohms or 600x2 bridged at 4 ohms. They are two ZX600ti's housed inside one enclosure.

He picked up the amps in the US and wanted me to put them on the Dyno to see not only how well they could do, but also if they could withstand the brutal tests (including 2 ohms mono, which is not a good idea on many Class AB amps).

I haven't completed the full test at all ohm loads, but here's a quick test at 4 ohms bridged (rated at 600x2). I test all modes using the AD-1:

Watch in 1080P on YouTube

or embedded below:

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Wow. I've heard these exist but thought it was a urban legend. Very cool. I bet you're jealous as he'll though!

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Wow. I've heard these exist but thought it was a urban legend. Very cool. I bet you're jealous as he'll though!

I'm actually pretty nervous to have both amps in my possession! Also was not happy they were shipped to me as one package (although well packed). I suggested the amps be shipped back in separate boxes, this way if something happens in the delivery process, maybe it will happen on only one of the two amps (hopefully it won't happen at all, but you know what I mean). Here's my proof I had both (actually still have them):

i-BXKR6jb-M.jpg

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

That was an interesting thread over ob the PG forum about getting it tested!

Yeah, it never ceases to amaze me how some people feel they have the authority to say what is done or not done with somebody else's amplifier... "don't abuse an amp like this" "why not use it instead of just looking at it?" Like I said there, it's the decision of the amp's owner what he wants to do with the amp, nobody else's.

B.E.A.U.tiful Amps... Always heard about them and never seen them till on the PG forum.... I hope they get back in good shape to(which im sure you do to)..... Im lookin at getting a RX400.4 and a RX500.1....

As always BigD GREAT Job and keep it up, always look forward to your vids!!

(BTW im a BigD to)

Archived