Sonic Electronix

I am currently looking to start a new build, practically "copying" off of Altima1's Sealed Off Trunk Build, because it's exactly what I'm looking to do, and love the way he's done it! Here's his link: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/158900-removable-rear-door-brace-started-06-altima-6k-trunk-build-fi-15-sp4-hair-trick-vids/

WHAT KIND OF CAR IS GOOD FOR THIS TYPE OF BUILD? IM LOOKING FOR A 2006-2010 CAR TO SEAL OFF THE TRUNK FORWARD LIKE THAT. SO FAR MY IDEAS ARE A CHEVY IMPALA, MAYBE FORD FUSION. SUGGESTIONS PLEASEE? I HAVE A COMPETITION IN JULY AND AM NOT NEAR READY YET, HAVE TO FIND A DECENT VEHICLE SOON!

A few thoughts running (franticly) through my head are these: Ford Fusion - "Rumor" from someone on youtube is that Ford's cannot thoroughly deaden the roof's...not true? Other thought, 2010 Chevy Impala - has a TON of Airbags, including in the roof area, how do I deaden that without F'ing something up, not to mention on 4000 Watts will I be setting any of those off?

PLEASE in all sincerity can someone make a LEGIT suggestion on how I should do this, or at least name a few affordable newer large-trunk cars? I appreciate it! Thank you

Some of those impalas you can't fold the seat down. The fusions are very nice cars! Zero recalls on those! Prob best car ford has made.

I don't think it's worth sealing off unless you really need to depending on build or if you are chasing numbers.

And you cannot make the air bags go off from your system. It would take much much much more!

Archived