Question Regarding DC Power Inc

Igot the email Kyle thanks. I have my buddy coming to help me tighten this belt first. I tightened it as much as I could by myself again and it started charging at 14.4 but then it gradually slipped back down so im thinking its the belt unless a faulty unit would do such things. Nothing made it charge except for putting more tension on the belt so I hoping like hell thats what it is. This is my first ho alt so I guess my question is I have read it takes more to turn one of these alts but is it enough more that it needs to be "skinny jeans" tight? I had the belt deflection good enough for a factory alt but maybe not this one?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

edit: snowbunny might be thinking the same thing as me lol

This guy.... :finger: :finger: :finger:

Kyle I sent you a return email with a pic of a slight fitment issue. As an update for everyone else I put the factory alt in and its charging fine so its nothing in the wiring. I intend to take it and have it tested tonight after work but I will still be shipping it back tomorrow regardless of what the autopart store says. I have very little faith they will be able to tell me anything useful but I have to do it out of curiousity.

Please check your email gary. I created an RMA for you.

Please send this with insured tracking in the original packaging. Upon receiving the unit and determining it's state, you will be reimbursed for shipping if it's covered under DC Power's warranty.

That's a superior company policy. Most company won't pay shipping to them. 2 thumbs up DC Power!

As a former pissed off o'reilly employee, I know the alternator/starter testing bench will fail a HO alternator even if its good. It'll even fail a normal perfect working alternator sometimes. The machine is just pure junk and I expressed my opinion about the machine to management all the time lol. Best of luck OP

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

2 12" Treo SSX custom built.

6.47 cu ft, tuned to 32Hz

2 hifonics Brutus 2400.1, strapped

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

over 100ft 1/0 XS flex wire

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

145.3 on music, 142.6 sealed on music

Stop being a pussy and wall it off.

I hate when my google breaks too

I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I got the alt back today and was excited. Put it on and it still doesn't work right. I have really had a horrible experience with this company. I sent it back and it took them a week and half to even look at, was told it was the voltage regulator only to find out a few hours later the guy grabbed the wrong report and then I was told it tested ok. They went ahead and replaced the voltage regulator anyhow and I asked in lieu of being reimbursed for return shipping if they could send it two day so I would get it friday but it was sent three day instead. They did send two shirts and some lanyards so that was cool but I would rather have a properly functioning alternator instead. I also wrote on the rma paperwork before I shipped it to them that the casing was alittle too large and didnt sit quite right on the bottom bracket to allow the bottom bolt to go through and asked if it could be machined down some while they had it and nothing was ever done about it. I wound up shaving down the factory bracket so it would fit right which worked. When I told Anthony at dc that i sent Kyle an email with a picture attached of the alternator not fitting right and that he said they would reimburse me for shipping he told me Kyle didn't work there anymore. I have called them and can't get ahold of anyone again so I left a message for them to call me back to see what can be done now. I'm ready to just throw in the towel and ask for a refund since I really don't want to go through this headache for a third time. What is everyones opinions on what I should do?

Well I got the alt back today and was excited. Put it on and it still doesn't work right. I have really had a horrible experience with this company. I sent it back and it took them a week and half to even look at, was told it was the voltage regulator only to find out a few hours later the guy grabbed the wrong report and then I was told it tested ok. They went ahead and replaced the voltage regulator anyhow and I asked in lieu of being reimbursed for return shipping if they could send it two day so I would get it friday but it was sent three day instead. They did send two shirts and some lanyards so that was cool but I would rather have a properly functioning alternator instead. I also wrote on the rma paperwork before I shipped it to them that the casing was alittle too large and didnt sit quite right on the bottom bracket to allow the bottom bolt to go through and asked if it could be machined down some while they had it and nothing was ever done about it. I wound up shaving down the factory bracket so it would fit right which worked. When I told Anthony at dc that i sent Kyle an email with a picture attached of the alternator not fitting right and that he said they would reimburse me for shipping he told me Kyle didn't work there anymore. I have called them and can't get ahold of anyone again so I left a message for them to call me back to see what can be done now. I'm ready to just throw in the towel and ask for a refund since I really don't want to go through this headache for a third time. What is everyones opinions on what I should do?

i called 3 weeks ago. maybe 4 now. had an order taken.gave all info and credit info. called a week later to check up on it make sure its getting going because ive seen all these threads about them taking forever. they didnt even have record of my order at all. wierd. pissed me off pretty much especially since i agreed to give them almost 1 grand!

you are lucky you got the alt.

i like how they answer the phone every time i call but that is about the best part of thier customer service. the rest well ehhh. it ends there.

i called to order the same 900+ dollar alt is it 1 week or 2 weeeks ago now? after they "lost" my first order. said they were looking into a direct bolt in for my vechicle (mercedes). I was like ok. that would be cool. no midification. keep in mind I already modified to fit a dr 44 case. regardless, 1 almost 2 weeks later, still nothing. id even settle for another dr44. but whatever.

my advice, if other companies make your case go with them.

DC Power makes probably the best alt on the market (personal opinion) but if the company cant get you the item or thier cs sucks to replace the item what good is that. other companies such as singer have some of the best CS in the game. go to them if you can.

i wanted to try them out. Ive seen horror stories about dc power and getting thier alts as far back as 2-3 years. You would have thought by now they could have hired more poeple and sorted it out. I guess not.

this is a slight rant because if anyone is ordering from dc i suggest you expect to wait a couple months if not up to half a year!! I had a horrible experience found somewhere else with same parts and now I will be happy.

if that alt you have is only one with a direct mount that will fit, try to use it or send to singer to modify. I am sure he could help you. if it is only one that can mount, try to make a mount otherwise you are stuck in the waiting game

edit: a huge one up dc also has is their ability to make the custom cnc cases. internals are pretty much same as anywhere else. well its complicated but go to the other big names and go from there. so if you dont mind the generic casing then dc doesnt have much advantage.

of course there are other factors the dc does well but im not getting into all of that.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Archived