Question Regarding DC Power Inc

I was curious if anyone has ordered an alternator from them and had an issue with it right out of the box. I ordered one for my 2000 Honda Civic put it on and it worked great for the first two cranks of the engine. I didnt test drive the car right after since it was late. I drove it today and seen the voltage gauge was reading around 13 volts. I was alittle concerned but drove the car to meet friends for lunch and then to my girlfriends house. When I pulled in her neighborhood i saw the voltage around 12.6 which I just assumed the car was in low voltage mode since these civics do that. I stepped on the gas which will normally raise it back up and it jumped but went right back down. SomI turned the parking lights on which has always triggered it to go back up and it still wouldn't. So when I went to leave several hours later I cranked the car and its at battery voltage so I drove it home under only battery voltage and put my multimeter on it to verify its not charging and it isn't. No battery light ever came on and it wasnt til I got it home shut it off and recranked it to pull it in the garage did i see the battery light and it was super dim. I'm concerned since I have already had issue getting them on the phone while I was waiting for it to be built and shipped, and now the damn thing doesn't even work and they are 3000 miles away from me. I have to wait until tomorrow to call and hopefully get ahold of someone.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, sounds like the voltage regulator is shit. Do you hear any noises, or see anything "off" when looking at the alt with the car on?

Its lookin like she isn't even turning on :( I was gonna mention the ELD bypass, but even turning on the lights doesnt do anything.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Nope no noises and nothing looks off. I was thinking the voltage regulator myself. I guess I just have concerns since I have had a hard time contacting them before I even got it and was told it would ship on a monday and it wound up being shipped the following friday when I finally got ahold of someone on the phone. I was told they were very busy and understaffed. This thing is a bitch to get on and off so the last thing I wanted to have to do is pull it off and send it back. Oh well such is life, lol.

And try this: measure your voltage at the alternator if possible. Positive to the positive stud on the alt. Negative to the alt casing

That's no good. I never had an issue with mine in the 1.5 years and two vehicles I've had it. Have you contacted them yet? I'd call them.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Confirm the alt plug is well... Plugged in. I've seen it wiggle loose a time or two

Yeah I unplugged it and plugged it back in. I've called twice already and can't get no one to answer so I left a message. It worked great for the first 30 minutes then when I went to leave yesterday I noticed my voltage gauge reading around 13 volts and now its not doing anything.

Guest DC Power Kyle

That's extremely weird you're having no battery light and low voltage. Any time a regulator fails or detects something is wrong it throws a battery light. Do you have a clamp meter to test if the alternator is putting out amperage?

Archived