First H.O. Alternator. Is it worth the wait?

My options are between singer and dc power. I have heard good things about both.

I contacted singer and he said that he can make me an 180 amp alternator and it would take between 2 - weeks.

I contacted dc and they have the 250 and 270xp for me and said it would take 14 days to build.

I want to go with the 270xp because its more amps and heard good things about them but read a lot about how long people have to wait to get alternators from them and when I did try to place my order I can't seem to get in touch with anyone and I have been calling a lot.

So my question is should I just go with the 180 from singer or wait on the 270 from dc?

Just depends on budget! My 200+ from Singer took long than 2 weeks but was during the busy holiday and it was so worth the wait. MIke Singer makes a great product.

Thanks for your replies. What is the best way to get in contact with dc? I have emailed them and called. I talked to a person named Anthony one time then after I got my money together I called back the same day and days after that and I couldn't get in touch with anyone.

I would wait and take the bigger alt. singer and dc are both awesome companies.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Like the others here have told you definitely wait and get the bigger alt. Take it from me, I was working and going to school last year and saved weeks for my Mechman alt and rather than wait another week to save 100 extra bucks to get the 320 amp I opted out for the 240 amp thinking I would never want to run more than 3k rms. Now I'm looking into running 7k rms and wish I had've went for the bigger alt.

Just keep trying to get in touch with em man! And good luck on your build.

THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER

-Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser

-4 skar vvx 12's (version 1)

-Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0

-1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood

-1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear

-Re audio/soundstream mids and highs

-Hifonics Zues 600.4

-DC Audio 3.5k

DC Power

Like the others here have told you definitely wait and get the bigger alt. Take it from me, I was working and going to school last year and saved weeks for my Mechman alt and rather than wait another week to save 100 extra bucks to get the 320 amp I opted out for the 240 amp thinking I would never want to run more than 3k rms. Now I'm looking into running 7k rms and wish I had've went for the bigger alt.

Just keep trying to get in touch with em man! And good luck on your build.

Off topic, I just saw your avatar and I remember passing by you on the road other day.

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

Archived