A little Help

For that amp to do rated a 2 ohms with 14.4v available, it needs to draw at least 167 amps.

To get true rated power out of that amp you need a beefy alternator. Your cap probably wont help in this case, but with a good alt and solid wiring you will be good.

where could i find an alternator for my car, I've searched but since its rarely new I'm thinking i can't find one!

2013 ford focus SE

I know and trust DC power inc. alts.

There's also mechman and singer to name a few.

If you want to upgrade your battery go to the xs power website and they have an OEM replacement function that tells you what you need.

With what I read you are running, you do not need 2 batteries. Really, unless you play your system with the car off, you don't need an upgraded battery, just a decent oem one.

Your alternator is what keeps things running at 14+ volts, batteries are for reserve power and starting your car.

Basicly you have your work cut out for you. You have to figure out what alt, what batt, 0 AWG wiring, fuses, ect. What your budget is, how many times you want to do it and redo it. Like the rest of us. Some shop fucked you! I would go back and tell them how you feel and your not going to recommend this shop to anyone. Its a bummer. I dont let any work on my car, hard to trust people & shops! Good luck.

i would first upgrade all your wire to 1/0 gauge preferably OFC. do the big 3 in 1/0. Then get biggest xs power batt that you can fit underhood and then a good size one in back. i would go bigger if you plan on upgrading your system in the future. also get a voltmeter to monitor your voltage. then i would get a HO alternator i would go singer, dc power, or mechman. good luck man.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

If you want to upgrade your battery go to the xs power website and they have an OEM replacement function that tells you what you need.

With what I read you are running, you do not need 2 batteries. Really, unless you play your system with the car off, you don't need an upgraded battery, just a decent oem one.

Your alternator is what keeps things running at 14+ volts, batteries are for reserve power and starting your car.

Do it right and upgrade your front battery, and put one in the rear. Do the big 3 in 0/1 wire and run 0/1 all around, and get a upgraded alt. That is the correct way to run a 2400 watt amp. Sure he could do it the half ass way, and only run 4 gauge wire back to his amp like he has now.

Sure he might be able to get by with only upgrading his battery up front and running 0/1 all around, with alot of voltage drop. That's the advice your going. O.K.

Hey poorfish, I cant quote posts for the last couple days. Lame.

Anyway, what I was going to say is of course a second battery wouldn't hurt him really. I am trying to tell him he doesn't need it. All I am telling him is that it is the alternators job to keep thinks above 14v so if he wants to stay in that range, get an alternator than can maintain it. I have never known a 12V battery that helps keep voltage up above the 14V range.

Extra batteries are good for cases where you are going to have voltage drop no matter what and you have a bank to keep things from dropping down into the 10's or single digits (ouch). Batteries definitely come into play there.

And I made no mention of wire. 4ga certainly wont cut it, like you said.

Depending on the length of the run, a minimum of 1 run of good 1/0 ofc is what I would recommend there.

Sorry if my last post was misunderstood, was typing it as I walked out the door at work.

Archived