A little Help

1. DC Power inc. Phone: 1-951-509-5617
  2. Mechman: 1 (888) Mechman [email protected]
  3. Singer: [email protected]

Get ahold of them. I would be shocked if at least one of them can't take care of you.

I emailed machman and singer. Machman said they don't have a direct fit, singer hasn't gotten back to me yet. And I talked to another audio store and they were waaaay more helpful than the last!

I just need to find 50ft of 1/0 for a decent price I found:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/231098527196?nav=SEARCH

But I'm not sure if it's any good. It said 40 sold but idk.

To the OP, my question is how much power are we talking here? if youre talking less than 600W, you could prolly get by with just an upgraded battery and the Big 3 up front. If you go much over 1000-1200W, then you should look into at least a slightly larger alternator that is capable of powering at least two dry cell batteries. I would definitely recommend going to the XS power page on these forums and checking which battery you could use under your hood. Also, your amp doesnt NEED 14.4V to run, itll run all the way down to below 11V (not without some funny smells and smoke). The higher you keep the voltage, the less current you will pull for the same amount of power. As your voltage drops, your amplifier pulls more amps. You can help your voltage loss by adding more batteries for a bigger "amp pool" for your amplifier to pull off of. the more batteries you have, the stronger your voltage will stay under load. once you run into multiple batteries, you have to make sure you have an alternator that can put back the amps that your amplifier is pulling. if not, be prepared to invest in a good battery charger and be prepared to charge them often.

I would say if it keeps kicking off, it could be multiple reasons. is the amp going into thermal protect? if so, could be a problem with the amp previously. Does it kick on and off randomly as you drive? that could be a bad remote problem. if the amp loses the control signal it gets from the remote wire, it will shut the amp off. that could be the 14.4V you were referring to that the amp needed to turn on. The first thing i would suggest doing is to go through and make sure that youre connections are all nice and tight and that everything looks solid. if that doesnt work, running a new remote wire is pretty simple to do. sometimes those shop guys will just tap off of another accessory wire just to make things a litter quicker for them, so they dont get a real solid connection. You could always find a fuse in your fuse box that is an accessory fuse, (one that only gets power when the key is on) you could tap off of that by stripping a wire and removing the fuse and wrapping the wire around the fuse and reinserting the fuse where it went. and it would be a solid connection. you have a few options, you could either keep us posted on your issues so that we can help you better, or you could just invest in an amp that you know you can trust.

The best advice i can give if youre serious about getting into car audio is to use this forum wisely...there are many people here who really know what they are talking about. this is a great place to come with any question and not have to worry about being chastised for being a "noob" Also, buy a DDM (digital multi-meter) and learn how to use it.

i hope this little ramble had some useful information in it to help you out some. :D

I don't claim to know how to solve anything, I just practice the basics. There is nothing worse than wasting hours over a problem that should have taken 5 mins. Anything I post and claim to know, I know simply because of a lesson learned from a mistake on my part.

My recent wire purchases have been from sky high. good wire, good price.

Glad you are having some better luck

Yep thats right on the money. Skyhigh makes some bad ass wire. Im not even going to quote the newbie, op has a 2400 watt alpine, and he's talking about 600 watts. ?. I quit reading. ?.. And dont use any fuse in your fuse box!

I ordered some of the 1/0 from sky high, and I ordered the LC2 cuz I want to keep my stock HU. Just need to get a battery or batteries.

Oh and mike emailed me back and it didn't sound like he was too sure if he could build an alt. to fit my car... Uh oh

Archived