Sonic Electronix

I have a small quality based system in my single cab Tacoma truck. 75W 4 channel amp, Pioneer deck with iPod USB plug, a JL Audio Microsub, and dual Sony Xplod door speakers with Memphis Audio tweeters.

So my question(s) are...

- What are the best settings on my deck for the best, flat, clear quality of audio? I am an audio head and I listen to mostly CD's burned from original quality (FLAC lossless) sources, or Apple Lossless files on my iPod.

- Is the speed/bitrate of the connection between my deck and my iPod high enough to even bother using Apple Lossless files? Or should I just stick with CD's for quality?

Thanks,

Will.

Setting everything to flat and adjusting the pass filters to your liking should be good. ALAC is fine. Never heard of any kind of issue due to slow bandwith between the ipod and headunit. :\

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Last night I played around with it some... It sounds more flat with certain boost settings on. I have no pass filters enabled on the deck, but I have the amp's hardware pass filters set to delete anything subsonic on the sub channel, and to remove damagingly low frequencies from the speaker channels.

I notice that when I'm driving, road noise tends to drown out the hi frequencies if I don't boost them.

Also, CD's are far clearer and crisper than ALAC files from my iPod. I have no idea why that is. They make a world of difference. It's also nice to branch out and not just listen to my preselected favorites on my iPod, but to pop in an album and get lost in it. I'm burning CD's like a madman now!

Archived