Second Skin Audio

"Box design help"

matt3477

I have the materials already sheets of plywood in my attic. Only need box schematics or ideas. One 12" sounds like a good idea, for that price sounds good also, is it 2ohm? I have a 600x5 Rockford fosgate amp, 200@4ohm and 300@2ohm for the subwoofer. IF possible with the dimensions I gave in my first post, I'm trying to go for spl.

Basically sum it all up, need a nice box for the specs I gave and am open to ideas that sub and a nice box design sounds good to me.

:audiosavings Rockford fosgate P2D2-12 $88

Cutout Diameter: 11.22 in / (285 mm)

Mounting Depth: 6.40 inches / (162.6 mm)

Woofer Displacement: 0.170 cu.ft / (4.8 Liters)

Shipping Weight: 15.6 Lbs / (7.07 kg)

Fs (Hz): 26

Re (Ohms): 3.30

Le (mH): 3.7

Qms: 6.50

Qes: 0.56

Qts: 0.52

Vas (Liters): 81.5

Sd (cm2): 570

SPL (dB @ 1w/1m): 86

Xmax (mm): 13.3

I would take the SQ sub over the RF personally, also if you are shooting for spl you can gear towards that but I doubt 300 watts will get you there. The SQ sub is available in dual 4 which can be wired to 2 ohms. I can definitely say that we will be better able to help you if we know your budget and skill level as well.

Edited: Because I was bored.

For that sub HDS 212 you could do this box, really made simple to build just sand to round some edges on the port as shown in the figure, free airspace in front of the port 2 1/2", subsonic filter to 28Hz, (assuming that you have a trunk car: check that the box will go through the trunk opening before cutting any wood, build a cardboard dummy box to test fit):

1hds212.jpg

1SFPFno45s_zps74ec662c.jpg

For that sub HDS 212 you could do this box, really made simple to build just sand to round some edges on the port as shown in the figure, free airspace in front of the port 2 1/2", subsonic filter to 28Hz, (assuming that you have a trunk car: check that the box will go through the trunk opening before cutting any wood, build a cardboard dummy box to test fit):

1hds212.jpg

1SFPFno45s_zps74ec662c.jpg

Looks good! Thanks!

Archived