whats a good router

Miguels

• 1 year later...

I just bought a router.. I went with a cheap one since I'm only going to build 3 boxes and maybe 4 and never use it again. It's a craftsman's router with the plunger. It has a large hole and an adapter for 1/4 bits..now I'm in the market for bits and was wondering if the kit they sell on ebay would work..it's like $90 for 80 pieces. Also what bit do I need to cut the subs cutouts

I just bought a router.. I went with a cheap one since I'm only going to build 3 boxes and maybe 4 and never use it again. It's a craftsman's router with the plunger. It has a large hole and an adapter for 1/4 bits..now I'm in the market for bits and was wondering if the kit they sell on ebay would work..it's like $90 for 80 pieces. Also what bit do I need to cut the subs cutouts

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Diablo-1-4-in-x-1-in-Carbide-Up-Spiral-Router-Bit-DR75102/100660697

that is what I use and it works pretty well...cuts holes like butter

I'll probably get the amazon ones since they are cheaper. The jasper jig is cheaper at amazon over ebay

What do you think about the bit kit on ebay? Pretty cheap for 80 pc kit

^^^ What Kyler said

I like my Porter Cable stuff, Bosch makes some nice big boy routers too

But Porter Cable you can usually get a decent router, it will come with 1/4 and 1/2 inch collets, as well as a normal and a flush mount base and will also fit things like the jasper jig, for around $150.

I have a Porter Cable, too. Its pretty nice and wasnt too expensive. 1/4" and 1/2" collet, plunge.

Archived