whats a good router

Miguels

I'll probably get the amazon ones since they are cheaper. The jasper jig is cheaper at amazon over ebay

What do you think about the bit kit on ebay? Pretty cheap for 80 pc kit

eh....I wouldn't go cheap on bits if you can avoid it.

what kit are you looking at? Can you link it?

I went the cheap route on bits.

and by cheap route, I mean not a worse of generic kit, but buying store brand bits

Bosch, CMT Freud Diablo, Kempston, Craftsman, etc.

I always trashed bits, broke bits, had bearings lock up on me etc and had to buy new ones a lot.

it was easy because its goto the store, use that stores credit card and be back home using my router....

But now Im starting to use a nicer bit, a little more pricier, but way better quality.

They seem sharper, they do a lot smoother cuts, better chip ejection so not a lot of dust in your face, and are all around more reliable.

I could of saved a lot of money not constantly replacing 20-30$ cheap bits all the time, and just got 1 nicer 35$ bit.

I went the cheap route on bits.

and by cheap route, I mean not a worse of generic kit, but buying store brand bits

Bosch, CMT Freud Diablo, Kempston, Craftsman, etc.

I always trashed bits, broke bits, had bearings lock up on me etc and had to buy new ones a lot.

it was easy because its goto the store, use that stores credit card and be back home using my router....

But now Im starting to use a nicer bit, a little more pricier, but way better quality.

They seem sharper, they do a lot smoother cuts, better chip ejection so not a lot of dust in your face, and are all around more reliable.

I could of saved a lot of money not constantly replacing 20-30$ cheap bits all the time, and just got 1 nicer 35$ bit.

i agree, cheap bits have horrible bearings, but it'll work for small kine projects...

These are bits, I really wouldn't mind good quality bits but I doubt I will use them more then 5 times. If anything, only the spiral bit would be a quality one.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=360949212239&alt=web

These are bits, I really wouldn't mind good quality bits but I doubt I will use them more then 5 times. If anything, only the spiral bit would be a quality one.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=360949212239&alt=web

But how many of those bits are you really going to use...for that price why not, get it and experiment with them, but I would get a good quality roundover bit also...

What Audiofanaticz said.

I will use 3-4 bits. And thats it.

also for roundover sizes, 1/2 is probably fine, I went by the size of material I was using mostly. I work with 3/4 or larger so I wanted something close to that.

And be careful with round overs, all the bigger bits bite hard. On my bosch I ended up slowing down the bit a lot and it helped in making cleaner passes.

Archived