Gain Matching Issue ?

But the DMM and the CC-1 are going about matching the gains slightly different from my understanding.

I'm not sure how the CC-1 does it either. I just use it to set x-over points, never got around to using it for gain matching

if you where to dyno the mismatched amp that requires more voltage to make the same power on the cc1 you would see the wattage would come out the same as the first amp, where as if you volt matched with a dmm as the first amp your dyno results would be different even tho they are reading the same voltage

Ok, heres where I'm loosing it. I'm reading this as even though the voltage output is the same there will be a difference in wattage?

I know it's tuff to explain. It's tuff to understand for me right now!! lol

He's saying that since both amps will put out different power it's okay to have the voltage different from one another.

If both amps were set at .5v and at that voltage one did 3kw and the other did 3.1kw then they wouldn't be the same.

If you set the amps with your dd1/cc1 they will both do let's say 3kw. Although one amp may be saying .5v and the other will be showing something a little higher/lower.

This is because the amps have different wattage ratings on the birthsheet.

So just got off the phone...The voltage should match or be very close( within a few 10ths ) Im going to pick up a fresh battery and do this a 3rd time...If its the same...Then what ?

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

I went back last night and watched the video with the 4 crunch amps and from the looks of it the CC-1 does gain match off of the AC voltage from the "master" amp.

If you go back and watch you tell the CC-1 to "remember" the output of the master amp. the amps only output AC voltage. The one thing to remember about the CC-1 though is that you have to turn down the volume on the deck since it is voltage sensitive. When you learn the 1st voltage the CC-1 turns the Blue LED on when you reach that Voltage by turning down the other 3 gains. So in essence it is doing the same thing as a DMM except no readout, just the blue LED.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Yeah i get it. I feel like im over complicating things. I should go out and adjust the second amp with a dmm.. I also would like to get to the root of my problem though.why have a cc-1 if im just going to dmm it , It was way to cold to try today. I hope to get it done tomorrow though. Anyone else have any idea why this would be off 2x ?

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here