Mounting Box Trunk Car Saturn Help

Hi so I am trying to figure out the best war for me to mount down the box I am building for my Saturn in the trunk. I don't want it to be super permanent because I will need to sell the car and I would like the ability to turn the box around and seal off the cabin over the summer.

My gas tank isn't under the trunk and based on some glances to the inside of the trunk and the bottom of the car it looks like there is a 2 1/2-3 inch wide piece of plain sheet metal on the outside of the structural beams that travel the length of the car. I think it would be safe to put the screws or bolts through there but I would like to know how most people secure their boxes. Thanks.

Untitled_zps715f7b82.jpg

You could always use L brackets and secure one side to the box and the other just a small hole through the metal of the car and get a long enough bolt. Then it won't look like you just went through drilling holes everywhere. Also don't forget to out some type of rust preventer on the parts you drill out. Looking forward to the build and pics. Gotta love saturns!

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering because nobody really says how they mount their stuff just what they mount. Good point about the rust.

No problem. That's what I plan to do with my box. Maybe a couple of support MDF pieces as well but I won't know till I get into it

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Screwing it down is best or to something. But I have used those straps that tighten when you crank them....cant remember their names...tie down straps? but that worked great and didnt put holes in my car :)

Ratchet straps? Yeah those would work just as well. Just don't hulk out and do it too tight and dent the box haha

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400