DC Sound Lab

New Sub looking at Lv 4 18

I had got offered enough and sold my RE SXX 15", looking for a replacement sub and seen a lot of good subs and builds, but leaning towards a DC. Just checking if I had something like a 26.865 x 24.75 x 21 (6.66 gr and net 5.56) with 5 x 4 " round ports 20" long roughly would be a good build. I usually would have box built but over the years had good and bad experiences even at a shops. If I do this myself I a least know the size is right. I use to have a pickup with 2 Kicker Competition 18s on two Soundstream Reference 1000 and tried up to 4 12s loud but for myself not to my liking Plus I like the sound of the larger subs. Guess some of the kids look at me when I have a little bass now that I am older, but I enjoy doing it as much as I still can. There are a lot of cool subs these days but found a lot of sub’s recommended subs specs are more of their net specs. There all great subs but the box ends up being 8 sq. ft. or more. I read through here and from what I got I believe this might work power Hifonics 2400 0 gauge and as far as electronics the system seems to stay in the 13s in town on the freeway or driving for the most part there seems to be enough power as have done this that way for a couple years with no issues on dropping amperage to low. I do use an extra battery in the trunk to support system. I think this is a great site and you guys have a lot of advantages with this level of direct contacts, and boy how the industry has grown since the 70s. Thanks and any help or direction is always appreciated, excuse any mistakes as I have not really use this site before.

What affect would the XL option have? 15" might work, told my gross box from SXX is to big at 3.79 1 x 6" port if I have to make a new box just looking at both options, or SSA Xcon 15 just not as familiar with that brand.

Edited by mdwerner6942

I actually was looking after talking to a Lv 4 15, box with one 6" port port area might be little small with around 37.68 replace SXX 15 I sold, Brutus 2400 seem to much for sub. Net was around 3.28 guess a little big

Thanks for taking a look at us, I dont have a box calculator handy, whats the box for the lv418 tuned to?

, but dumb torres seems off. 7.97 Gross about where we estimate with space

Edited by mdwerner6942