XS Power

Did I damage my XS D6500?

Well when my new charger shows up I'll hook it up and let it charge overnight.. Hopefully everything is fine. I'm gonna be pretty sad if I bricked a $300 battery lol.

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Trill

Minnesota! Y U NO GET WARM!

If you can turn them on without a key in the ignition, those could be a problem.

Properly wired with a remote turn on, they should not be causing the issue.

I have all my remote wires run off of a relay and the relay is triggered by the remote wire from headunit. Its kind of weird and maybe you can tell me why this happens.

My headunit has motorized screen that auto opens and closes when powered on/off but the relay does not click on until the screen is fully open and turns on.

If you can turn them on without a key in the ignition, those could be a problem.

Properly wired with a remote turn on, they should not be causing the issue.

I have all my remote wires run off of a relay and the relay is triggered by the remote wire from headunit. Its kind of weird and maybe you can tell me why this happens.

My headunit has motorized screen that auto opens and closes when powered on/off but the relay does not click on until the screen is fully open and turns on.

if its a kenwood they tend to have a delayed turn on

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

The charger could have overcharged the battery, but if it overcharged it enough to hurt the battery then this post would have been titled "What is this rotten egg sulfur smell?".

I am guessing the battery is not charged up. You will see some drop in resting voltage, but not down to 12.1, unless you have something draining the battery a lot. I would charge the battery up (watching the charge voltage periodically with a multimeter) and then see what happens. The best way to do this would be with the battery out of the vehicle and then charge it up and let it set for 12-24hrs to see what the battery rests at not hooked up to anything. If it rests in the 12.8-13.2 range, then you know the battery is good.

If you have any questions just give us a call 888.497.7693. This is what we are here for. I know it is kind of strange anymore for a customer to be able to call and get actual customer support, but we still believe in that kind of thing.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

The charger could have overcharged the battery, but if it overcharged it enough to hurt the battery then this post would have been titled "What is this rotten egg sulfur smell?".

I am guessing the battery is not charged up. You will see some drop in resting voltage, but not down to 12.1, unless you have something draining the battery a lot. I would charge the battery up (watching the charge voltage periodically with a multimeter) and then see what happens. The best way to do this would be with the battery out of the vehicle and then charge it up and let it set for 12-24hrs to see what the battery rests at not hooked up to anything. If it rests in the 12.8-13.2 range, then you know the battery is good.

If you have any questions just give us a call 888.497.7693. This is what we are here for. I know it is kind of strange anymore for a customer to be able to call and get actual customer support, but we still believe in that kind of thing.

Awesome. I did not smell anything and since I had it in my bedroom I would have smelled it easily. I will do as you suggested and if I have any questions I'll call :) Thanks