Second Skin Audio

Which Kicker 12" subs?

MaxStanden

New to here but have been watching SMD videos for a while and love them so thought this would be the perfect place to ask this. Almost time for my first car and the number one thing I cant stop thinking about is which subs?!! I really like Kickers and have never heard about or seen anything wrong with them but Im little confused as to which ones I should buy? I was leaning more toward 2 12"'s but kicker has a few different ones and I was wondering which ones would be best for me? From what I have read the COMP 12" is the entry levels and from what I have seen they just dont have enough punch for me so which ones will give the best kick? As for car I havent decided between driving our 2010 Equinox LTZ or I have been looking to buy either a TBSS or a Tahoe. anybody have any suggestions as to which subs and amp I should get or if there are any other brands you would recomend? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers from Canada!

gone whippin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey fellow Canadian!

It really comes down to how much money you want to spend on it. How much electrical work you want/can do. If your running all stock everything, i wouldn't go past 500 (ish) watts.

If i was to buy kicker, i would look into their vx or L7 series. They are pretty decent from what i heard.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

Take a look and the soundqubed HDS200 and 300 models very price friendly. Don't need a lot of power to get moving either.

2001 Chevy Blazer LS

Kenwood KDC-HD552U

2 12" SDC 2.5 D4 Fi SP4 18" 4 Sundown SA-12's

HiFonics BE 1200.1 Soundstream RUB1.2500D Looking for a 5k

XS Power D3100

4 Soundqubed 6.5's (Pro Audio)

2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's

2 Soundqubed Super Tweeters

Hey fellow Canadian!

It really comes down to how much money you want to spend on it. How much electrical work you want/can do. If your running all stock everything, i wouldn't go past 500 (ish) watts.

If i was to buy kicker, i would look into their vx or L7 series. They are pretty decent from what i heard.

Do you know the differnece between the VX, VR ,CompS, CompD ect ect? still a little confused at the difference between them all and what amp would you suggest? I was hoping to not have to upgrade much electrical but at what point do systems start requiring new Alt, batt ect ect?

Cheers!

gone whippin

Anything made by Sundown audio, DC audio, soundqubed, Digital Designs or ct sounds. Also for subs look at Fi or SSA or C2 audio. Everything these companies make is good, high quality, high performance robust equipment. Unless you just want kicker or get a good deal there is no reason to ever buy their stuff.

Edit: I guess I should probably include skar. I like their stuff too. Some people dislike it but I don't know why.

Anything made by Sundown audio, DC audio, soundqubed, Digital Designs or ct sounds. Also for subs look at Fi or SSA or C2 audio. Everything these companies make is good, high quality, high performance robust equipment. Unless you just want kicker or get a good deal there is no reason to ever buy their stuff.

Just out of curiosity why would you say to stay away from kicker?

gone whippin

Kicker is what everyone starts out with before they realize there is much better stuff out there. I have owned some comps and some CVR's and I would never go back... Not a bad product or lack of quality just way better stuff out there for less.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived