Sonic Electronix

advice for car audio noobie

My .02 cents.

Go pawn shopping or craig listing for your equipment. I like to ebay or product review any part I find at a pawn shop before being it.

You can easily pick up an old school stuff for cheap.

Example:

Sony CDX-C90 for <$85.00

retake001_zpsefe925c1.jpg

PPI 100x2 amp <$20.00

IMAG4730_zps1780e1db.jpg

Gen 2 Kicker Solo Baric 12's <$70.00

IMAG4719_zpsc0a99ba3.jpg

Old school Crossfire VR602 $<130.00

IMAG4661_zps2ee96012.jpg

"Necessity is the mother of invention". If you want something, invest in the time to make it happen. It may take a few

weeks to gather up your equipment than so be it. If you need to rent a table saw or just go ahead and

invest in one it will be worth it. Once you own it, you can keep building boxes as your cars change or when

you go pawn or craiglist shopping and find something better to replace what you already have.

Props to the guy who showed you how to make a straight cut. NICE!

Car audio equipment are like girlfriends, you're not married to 'em, so always keep your options open. lol.

My complete system ran me $500.00!

-Frank

Thanks for the advice Frank! i ended up using a circular saw to make my cuts. Not the best, but it works for my first box. I will end up investing in a table saw when the next project demands it. As far as the equipment goes I have to wait for the subs i want to come back in stock, iv been waiting for a while and will have to wait until at least the end of this month. i cant wait to get it in!

He hammered the lug that's not going to make a cold weld. And ruined the lug for soldering the solder can't flow into the lug and wires.

Pretend he soldered the lug first than hammer it, that would ruin the solder job. And once again hammering does not make a cold weld.

DON'T BUY THAT THING

Archived