Sonic Electronix

advice for car audio noobie

To run that amp?

Nothing easy on the wallet really. Solid electrical isn't cheap.

It's really easy to drop over a grand on just alt/battery/wires.

The easiest thing on your wallet will be to stick with power you can run on stock electrical.

What would it take to run this amp?

DD-1 to set the gains. Mecman, DC, and Singer upgraded alt with 0gauge wire and AGM battery upfront and rear.

That's min to do it right. You might get away with just a upgraded alt and battey upfront.

Truth, if you are new big amps do it right or have paper weights for subs. Or you may like to

recone a subs. It's kinda fun, I guess. Add a SMD Volt meter to the list to.

Changed of to or it's late.

Singer, DC, Mechman Alt the Mech web site rec 270amp alt for 599.

Call or email them. I'd use an AGM batteries they rest at a higher voltage,

deliver large amounts of amps better than SLA batts,

and are worth the money.

If you are going to put it in your trunk and use stock in the front then get the biggest one you can find. It would probably be better to just replace your stock one with one of equal size. The stock batteries aren't designed for the draw that big amps need. AGM batteries are. So replace the one you have and then save up for a second in the trunk.

I have given this some real thinking and for now i am going to stick with my original desired set up. I will purchase a soundqubed bundle that comes with an HDS 312, 1200.1 amp and 2 sheets of sound deadener. When i get more money i will upgrade my alternator and my batteries then get a second amp and second sub or sell the ones i have and upgrade. I just finished the box and i am pretty happy with how it turned out for my first box. I have ran the power cable through the drivers side and ran the RCA cables and remote cable through the passenger side and only need to set up the ground cable. Cant wait for the sub to be back in stock!

Archived