Sonic Electronix

advice for car audio noobie

12 is enough

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

Will 12 Gauge cable wire be enough for a Soundqubed 1200.1 amp to a single Soundqubed HDS 312 (1200 watts rms) or should i double the cable?

You're talking about speaker wire right? As long as that is the case then yes, 12GA is fine.

I am. Thank everyone for all the noobie questions. I receive the sub tomorrow. Then this project is complete. Last thing is setting the gains. I don't own a dd1 or cc1. Any tips?

Find a shop or someone on the tools amp with a dd-1 or an o-scope.

Questions about break in. How long will it take to break in? Also how can i break in the sub to not hurt it? I currently have it wired at 1 ohm with third gain. Even so with some songs it pounds harder than others and im afraid its getting more power than just a third of the amp. Should i series the sub to 4 ohms and keep it at that instead to not overpower it?

No need to baby a sub to break it in. There is a break in that happens naturally, with the suspension becoming looser etc, but you don't have to baby them for that to happen.

Archived