Sonic Electronix

advice for car audio noobie

Ill post pics of what i have it at. I have the low pass at what i think is 90hz. And the subsonic at 28. Something iv noticed is that the sub does not start playing at noticeable levels until my hear unit is turned up 2/3 of the way. Do i have to increase the bass boost?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First piece of advice: Build your own box. There has never been a prefab box that is truly worthy of being called a good box. They are all almost universally too small, tuned too high, and have too little port. Not to mention they are flimsy. I could blow one apart if I put my subs in there. And I'm not kidding either

Second piece of advice: Don't guess on things. I am here, other members are here to help you. Things like clean signals are key.

Third: Don't skimp on electrical. Good electrical -- connections, battery, alternator, wire, ground locations, etc -- is the groundwork and foundation to everything else. Bad grounds can give you ground loops and noise. Poor electrical will hurt your amplifier's performance. You can also get voltage drop induced clipping which will hut your subs. Get the idea?

Fourth: Get the best equipment you can. If that means saving up a bit longer and delaying your purchase, do it. Trust me. Buy quality the first time. If you don't you'll find yourself trying to sell the "cheap" stuff you got and move to the nice stuff later. Seen it happen time and time again

Fifth and most important: There's nothing wrong with asking for help. Feel free to PM me :)

This has got to be some of the best advise I have ever seen on this site. Nice Snow

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

You can set your soundqubed amp yourself by going to our Soundqubed website and clicking on the "tech support" button at the top of the homepage. It's very easy to do; just follow the instructions.

Sweet ill set it up like that tomorrow. Thanks for all the help! Ill be starting a new thread soon on upgrading my head unit. I want a touch screen unit with dvd capabilities. Any recommendations?

I'm having issues with my setup. It seems like some songs bump significantly louder than others. And even within the same songs certain higher tones are not as loud. I feel that it may be the bose head unit. Iv heard that it modifies the signal output s to the amp from the head unit which may be causing the higher end bass to jot be heard. I am using the rear signals for the amp. Any tips?

if it isnt too much trouble get one of these or something similar and connect it to your phone/mp3 player/tablet and use a digital media source like Pandora, iheart radio, or iTunes to listen to a few tracks and let me know if the problem persists.

Also, don't bass boost until you know if you are sending a clean signal while doing so.

Archived