Sonic Electronix

advice for car audio noobie

For the amp any 1000w rms amp to 1200w rms amp would do..you can try hifonics if youre on a budget if not theres crescendo. Sundown. Aq. Rockfod fosgate. Soundqubed . Theyll all do rated.. but you never posted tge impedance of the subs.. tjat matters if theyre dual voice coil 2ohms then you can only wire tjem to 2ohms or .5 ohms. If theyre dvc 4ohms you can do 1ohm or 4ohms..which really matters because you have to know the output of the amp you will buy at the impedance load you will run.. hint if the subs say d2 in the model number it means 2ohms if they say d4 then 4 ohms

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

See if there is a local Lumber yard and ask them to cut. They will charge but is not that expensive. I would get a budget that you would want to spend on a system, then add a couple hundred more

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

First piece of advice: Build your own box. There has never been a prefab box that is truly worthy of being called a good box. They are all almost universally too small, tuned too high, and have too little port. Not to mention they are flimsy. I could blow one apart if I put my subs in there. And I'm not kidding either

Second piece of advice: Don't guess on things. I am here, other members are here to help you. Things like clean signals are key.

Third: Don't skimp on electrical. Good electrical -- connections, battery, alternator, wire, ground locations, etc -- is the groundwork and foundation to everything else. Bad grounds can give you ground loops and noise. Poor electrical will hurt your amplifier's performance. You can also get voltage drop induced clipping which will hut your subs. Get the idea?

Fourth: Get the best equipment you can. If that means saving up a bit longer and delaying your purchase, do it. Trust me. Buy quality the first time. If you don't you'll find yourself trying to sell the "cheap" stuff you got and move to the nice stuff later. Seen it happen time and time again

Fifth and most important: There's nothing wrong with asking for help. Feel free to PM me :)

My tip to you is to take the install slow or work under supervision of someone whos done it before. Dont make a silly mistake like tugging a wire too hard and getting it cut on a panel or metal. $20 mistakes add up when you have a tight budget for your first system. And have fun with it! everyone has a place in their heart for their first system, even if it was nothing big. Good luck!

Fifth and most important: There's nothing wrong with asking for help. Feel free to PM me :)

Notice that? Most important is to message him. Lmfao. Snow, you crack me up.

For real though, all snow said, true. Minus the most important being to message him. I'd say the most important is to not have some flames in the car.... so do shit properly. ;)

Sheena = pedobear

That straight guide idea is great! How well does the brz line perform though? Cna I trust that a http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_23923_Hifonics_BRZ17001D.aspx will have enough power rated power? If so would this be a good choice? Over the http://www.soundqubed.com/Q1-1200D-Amplifier_p_30.html or http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004T0YAMG?pc_redir=1395692220&robot_redir=1

Archived