Sonic Electronix

advice for car audio noobie

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A professional audio installer in my area gave me a tip on running 1/0 cable. He told me they run it under the car zip tied to the frame and/or other areas it wouldn't get caught in. Then he advised to drill a hole or find a way to run it into the car near the back seats. Sounded like a great idea to me. What do you guys think?

A professional audio installer in my area gave me a tip on running 1/0 cable. He told me they run it under the car zip tied to the frame and/or other areas it wouldn't get caught in. Then he advised to drill a hole or find a way to run it into the car near the back seats. Sounded like a great idea to me. What do you guys think?

Personally, I try to keep all my wiring in the cabin. That is of course assuming you're not doing a Meade build where you've got eight 0 gauge runs that can't/won't lay flat under the carpet.

If you go outside the car, be very careful of your routing (drive shafts/axles, exhaust components, suspension movement), secure it VERY WELL so there isn't a lot of movement, and utilize grommets anywhere you pass through sheetmetal.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Archived