Second Skin Audio

Box For Alpine Type R 15

Oh ok, well right now I have a single type r 15 in a box around 3 cubes tuned to 29.5 hertz. Its alpines recomendations. Those box specs you supplied sound good. Thankyou. Is 4.7 cubes too small for 2 15s?

4.7 cubes is not too small. If you check your manual properly it says 2.25 cubes per sub. So by two that's 4.5 cubes as recommended by Alpine itself.. Though in general bigger boxes equal deeper bass and smaller boxes give out a punchy bass... What amp are you planning on using (rms)???

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Yeah I realized that too, Forgot about the port space on the box. For now all I have is a pioneer GM-D8601@800rms at 1ohm(400 per sub) when I get the cash ill either be using a hifonics brutus amp around 1600rms( split to 800 per sub) Or a sound stream turantula at around 1200-1300 rms( 600-650 per sub). Ill probably go with the soundstream because I can get it used cheaper(from a buddy) than I can get a hifonics for. Also Hifonics is very shady and sketchy about how they rate ther rms( with more distortion percentage and with a constant 14.4+ voltage) Ill download the Torres box calculator and give it a shot.. Thanks

"Dude the more your sub weighs the more watts it puts out"

• 5 years later...

Archived