Car acceleration Issues think its the TPS

didn't know where to post but anyway ok I have a Opel Astra 2000 A.K.A Holden Astra anyway a General Motors

I was installing just a 12" in the back as it is my daily driver so I disconnect the batter like I do in all my installs better safe than sorry so anyway I think the disconnection of the battery triggered the TPS (throttle position sensor) which I was later told it could be all the symptom show the same.

Symptoms:

when you put you put foot down there is a definite lag I'm talking 2 seconds nothing happens

increase RPM for acceleration it goes all slow when revs are pretty high like 4-5k

fuel economy is real bad uses way more guessing because increased revs or a oxygen sensor

just posting seeing if anyone has any other idea what it could be or had the same issues that got resolved

all help is greatly appreciated

how many miles on the engine? how long since the spark plugs, distributer, etc. have been checked out? sounds like an 02 sensor to me too but I'm no expert

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

how many miles on the engine? how long since the spark plugs, distributer, etc. have been checked out? sounds like an 02 sensor to me too but I'm no expert

112,000k's that converts to 69593 miles not to high but ill get the spark plugs out and have a look but what gets me is that was running mint before i disconnected the batt could be just one of those things

Do you have the service manual for your car? If so, there is a section for testing the TPS.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

ok its an Astra...what engine?

diesel or petrol??

if it is a petrol(a benzine one) 1.6 -2.0 enignes have a consumption of 8-14liters per 100kilometers(60 miles)

tha one that are less consumptivve are the diesel engines...which are the only one good if you are driving an Bigger Opel like the astra, vectra, zafira,...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

ok its an Astra...what engine?

diesel or petrol??

if it is a petrol(a benzine one) 1.6 -2.0 enignes have a consumption of 8-14liters per 100kilometers(60 miles)

tha one that are less consumptivve are the diesel engines...which are the only one good if you are driving an Bigger Opel like the astra, vectra, zafira,...

its a 1.8 petrol and I know its really bad cause my parents own the same model car haha and comparing it to when it was going well too

Archived