Does anyone use these and do they serve any benefit? Are they harmful?

Was looking to flush engine with either Gunk Motor Wash or Restore. Any others out they worth using over these? In addition I heard these are nothing more than kerosene based cleaners.

Any and all help on the subject including experiences would be helpful.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Are you flushing the engine internally or degreasing and cleaning the outside of it? Cuz ive used gunk motor flush. You just take out a quart of oil from the engine . Replace it with the motor flush and idle for 5 minutes then you change the oil. I do it everytime I buy a car on the 1st oil change because you never know what brand or grade oil the last owner used or how often they changed the oil..chances are they just go to some random oil change place and get the cheapest shit possible. And then the go thousands of miles over the recommended mileage before another change. In older cars youl definitely see a difference in performance especially if you use a good quality oil after the flush. I have always used castrol high mileage. I mean its not that expensive the jugs like 17 bucks at walmart plus a 3 dollar filter. But if yore detailing an engine try to use products that dont say you have to rinse them off..some ppl think they can just take a garden hose to their engine and nothing bad will happen. Theres alot of electronics and technology in there for sure..ive also heard detail places use wd40 for shine..like on hoses and stuff but I wouldnt recommend it cuz over time it would probably dry the hoses out more than usual and then youll have to replace hoses when they crack.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

If your using any motor flush. You have to take into consideration the condition of the motor. Quite a few of the flushes are kerosene based, and if you have leaking seals and gaskets, the motor flush could "clean" so good that it will eat away at the gaskets and clean out all that gunk that was essentially stoping an oil leak, and cause a pretty expensive oil leak.

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

In my experience the motor flush won't completely drain out of the engine, so when you add new oil in it will be thin and diluted with the motor flush. Do an oil change back to back, or with 500 miles in-between if you are trying to do your engine a favor.

^^ this. ive tried seafoam, and on a motor that had been torn apart a year ago and 500 miles after an oil change, oil came out of the pan dirt black. just add it to the oil right before you change it and do some light driving and some idling, then change and away you go.

Old mechanics secret, use trans fluid. Add a pint to your oil run the car 5 minutes drain it. Then I usually like to pour a quart of oil through while the drain plug is still out after the previous stuff is done draining just to flush any residual dirt out. After that install drain plug, change oil filter, add new oil and you are good to go. Also seafoam works well too.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• 4 weeks later...

Seafoam does the trick for me I use about half of a small can a week before I do an oil change and it does really well. The very first time I used it the oil even though wasn't really used up had sort of a really thick layer of random I'm guessing burnt oil and what not and it did this for about 2 more times. But now it just nothing but oil coming out.

Archived