Its always good to know what your system is capable of.

Why? I thought impedance only raised when playing music?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Find out what the reactive load is and that will be your answer. If your under 1ohm reactive chances are you amp wouldn't like it much

Man you nailed it. I was around .4 or so reactive which is way too low. The way I am now is almost .9 which is on the money.

No System......GFY

Find out what the reactive load is and that will be your answer. If your under 1ohm reactive chances are you amp wouldn't like it much

For a speaker the reactive state of the impedance will be at the free-air resonance frequency or the Fs.

Before the resonance you will have an inductive state, after resonance it will be capacitive. It will eventually plateau off where the impedance will stay at about 20% of the DC resistance and then finally followed by another rise due to the inductance of the coil.

a05_zspeaker.gif

Edit: You are talking about the impedance load right? Just got back from track so I could have just went way off topic..

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I'm sorry, I meant to say just a speaker in free-air, NOT IN A PORTED ENCLOSURE!

That is not the type of graph you would receive with a ported/vented enclosure. You will see this when you are either free-airing or a similar graph in a sealed enclosure.

Sorry, I warned ya I was tired from track. Lol.

A graph of a ported enclosure would be as follows.

ubvbg4.gif

With the resonance of the enclosure being the point at which the impedance is the lowest between the two peaks.

Is this what they mean when they talk about box rise for your ohm load. I watched a video of exo's and he was talking about this. How would I test this?

"Box rise" is somewhat this, as with difference enclosures (of the same type) can have a higher impedance at certain frequencies than others. You will always get "Box rise" so no need to worry about it, unless you are going to 170+ Db or other extreme SPL people.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

• 7 months later...

I have done three 15's @ .33 on strapped m4's (.165 per amp) daily......never protect

I'm gonna call bullshit on that.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived