Sundown Audio

Underrated Amps!!

mtxcivic07

Hopefully the RF t20001bd is underrated enough to drive an XXX cuz they love power. If not I'll just have to settle for 2 Orion 2500Ds

yeah the 20001bd will probably give about 2300 watts @ 1 ohm or more. they are great amps. the mtx 81001 is a great amp too.  its rated at 1500 watts @ 1 ohm but i have a friend that has one and its rated at 2011 @ 1 ohm.  so if the xxx's are really power hungry the 20001bd will be great for them IMHO. i saw one on ebay just now used for 2-3 months guaranteed no dead on arrival the bid is like 200 something.. you should check that out.

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

Hopefully the RF t20001bd is underrated enough to drive an XXX cuz they love power. If not I'll just have to settle for 2 Orion 2500Ds

yeah the 20001bd will probably give about 2300 watts @ 1 ohm or more. they are great amps. the mtx 81001 is a great amp too.  its rated at 1500 watts @ 1 ohm but i have a friend that has one and its rated at 2011 @ 1 ohm.  so if the xxx's are really power hungry the 20001bd will be great for them IMHO. i saw one on ebay just now used for 2-3 months guaranteed no dead on arrival the bid is like 200 something.. you should check that out.

Word? I don't have the funds right now. I'm still saving up. I'm concentrating on my  H/O alt. right now.  >:D

what about planet audio amps an quantum audio amps

to be completely honest with you i dont know. but i would have to say they are probably like the power acoustik 3000db and 2400db and 1800db which are always overrated. but i could be wrong. the 3000db usually will do about 2000 maybe a little more but never true to that full 3000 watts. 

yes the nine1 is underrated they usually are measured around 1300 to 1400 watts instead of its rated 1200

its only supposed to push 3000 peak. its 2300 rms, not 3000.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Kind of just a random ? I guess, but I was looking at the amp originally mentioned's specs and it says 600 rms and 1200 peak power... MTX civic was talking about how his peak power was so high but I dont understand... How often will he actually see near that power w/ that amp?

Thanks,

Andrew

New project in the works ;)

Archived