Would a capacitor work?

You may not notice a difference, but it's way better than what you currently have and will eliminate it as a potential problem.

But as far as your current situation, yes, a little 8ga ground may cause the stated problem. You might also try a different ground spot, there might be something on the strut that causes a bad connection, like rust or maybe a plastic spacer or whatever.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

ok. do you have any reccomendations as to where to ground it? thats the best place i could think of. didnt think the trunk wall would be as good. and dont really wanna ground straight to frame.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Find a spot where the body is nice and thick. Search the forum, there's plenty of threads on grounding on a uni body.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Check your ground. Even if you don't have the right wire, you can still isolate the issue.

Make sure there's a good connection to the car; ring terminal on bare metal that's good and tight so it can't move. Check the area of the actual car where the ground is, make sure it good and clean, no rust around. Its on a strut so check for a plastic or maybe a rubber bushing that might be breaking the connection.

Check your sub-woofer connections too. Make sure no wires are crossed, or loose.

Just troubleshoot it. Go over every inch if the system and make sure its all good n' proper.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

ok, so i had some time to work on it today. put the 4 gauge ground in. found a better spot to ground it. found a pretty solid beam on the bottom of my trunk. sanded it down to bare metal, and bolted it in. also put the kinetik under the hood. i got lucky, and all the wires could fit without any modification. just a little bit of pulling. only got to drive around the block but it already sounds way better. will have to set the gains soon. but i think the problem may have been solved. ill take another look soon and update then. thank you for all of your help!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Good! Try find someone in your area that has a tool to set your grains.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Archived