Would a capacitor work?

I just bought a 2006 Ford Five hundred SEL. I thought that being a newer car, that the electrical would be able to handle what my amp needs without too much upgrades, but i dont believe it does. The problem that is happening is that everything is perfectly fine, until i start to really turn it up. the amp gain is on 3.5 out of 11, and the sub is still wanting more power. but when i turn it up more, the subs stop. i dont think the alternator can keep up with the power it wants, and when i turn it back down, they come back on. do you think that a capacitor would solve this problem? i really dont have the money for an alternator, and would like to use my sub to its fullest potential.

I have a Rockford Fosgate p1000-1bd amp, and a FI SSD 15" subwoofer. (will be adding Rockford Fosgate 400 watt 4 channel once i get some aftermarket speakers). I Have the 0 gauge wire to do the big 3, but alternator is in the worst place to get to, so will have to wait on that.

any input would be greatly appreciated, and sorry about the long post.

Thank you!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

capacitor will probably just make it worse. Power doesn't seem to be the problem anyway, although you could probably benefit from an upgraded battery. What does your ground look like? Are you sure it is good? Is it also 0g? Also, find someone with a dd-1 or oscope and set the gains correctly.

Yeah, forgot to mention to do the big three. That's an important one.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

Jake the car up to help get to the alt if you cant get to it from the engine bay. Do the big 3, and price out biggest battery you can fit under the hood. Since you plan on adding more amps down the road you might need a HO alt. What the amperage of your current alt?

im not too sure what the stock amp puts out. ill have to check on that later, because i am at work now. i will try to do the big 3 as soon as possible. i have a kinetic hc1400 that i can put in there. do you think that would be better than an everstart? (i know that sounds stupid because the kinetik has 1500 amps, and the everstart has 650, but the everstart is a lot bigger)

my previous car was a 99 grand prix and i had the big 3 done, and the kinetik hc1400 with the same problem.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Use the kinetic. Its designed to handle the strain that aftermarket amplifiers make, standard batteries are not.

But if your previous car had the same problem, cutting out when you increase the volume, your amplifier might be going into protect. Is it?

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Whats the ah on the everstart? The kinetic would probably be the best bet and should be plenty good. Is the amp going into protect?

hah, beat to the punch. what he said

CARS

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

Get that 4 g and make sure all the paint is gone where the ground makes it's contact. That could be your solution.

CARS

i dont believe it is. but i have never been looking at the amp when it cuts out, because it cuts out when i turn it up on the hu while driving. i will look at it at 3 when i get off of work. i hope there isnt anything wrong with the amp. i bought it from someone from this forum

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

and i will get right on that. im a college student working, and living on my own with my gf. dont have the most free time. but once i get a chance ill be sure to do that

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived