Mechman Alternators

Looking for an alternator for 85 Monte SS

I'll be running around 2500rms max on my best day and I'm looking for an alternator that will accommodate that. The problem, well one problem, that I know of is I don't know what car my 350 engine came out of it to ensure the proper fit.

Learning Everyday.

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Alpine SPS-610C

BXI-2008D

(2) SWR-1242D / Ported

Look to see on the alternator you have now if there is a part number or brand or anything that you can use in a google search. I'm still mad for selling my 85 ss almost 10 years ago. That car is the shit.

I did, but I'll look again. My car definitely needs work though, some front end stuff and maybe a new carb. Not to mention it needs body work. I'm sitting on some car stereo equipment I want install, but I figure I'll just get the alternator done before I even go down that road. I've gotten more compliments in that then I ever got in my magnum or charger.

Learning Everyday.

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Alpine SPS-610C

BXI-2008D

(2) SWR-1242D / Ported

Look to see on the alternator you have now if there is a part number or brand or anything that you can use in a google search. I'm still mad for selling my 85 ss almost 10 years ago. That car is the shit.

I did, but I'll look again. My car definitely needs work though, some front end stuff and maybe a new carb. Not to mention it needs body work. I'm sitting on some car stereo equipment I want install, but I figure I'll just get the alternator done before I even go down that road. I've gotten more compliments in that then I ever got in my magnum or charger.

I had one with a body kit that made it look a little bit like a grand national. I didn't have a 350 though. I tried to do a search but I really don't know shit. Maybe an image search would help you figure it out or more info so someone here that knows can help you.

I don't know about domestics, but import engine blocks have engine codes on'em, maybe you can source down the engine code and wiki what cars they came out of.

GL!

Yea, I did that a few weeks ago, but I couldn't get it to narrow down enough. The engine basically came from a 70's something Chevy. But it could have been a Camaro, Chevelle, Monte Carlo, or Impala.

Learning Everyday.

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Alpine SPS-610C

BXI-2008D

(2) SWR-1242D / Ported