Sundown Audio

How much power could a zv3 15 take daily?

how much power it can take daily? 1500 rms..

people who throw more power to a sub dont run them on daily setups or even more than a minute if not less.. he is asking for a daily driver that he will use it as he drives and it can be for hour long trips.. if anyone plans on running any sub no matter what brand it is it wont take the abuse. i dont give a shit if its the Fi , aa, dc or any top brand.. aint no sub going to take over the rated power over a long period of time. the rating is there for a reason.. i used to think the same way when i was a newb.. shit this guys run 2 times its power rating how do they do it.. its easy.. its only for a short period of time not something they beat on all day on a daily setup

in a daily setup, impedance is fluctuating so much that you are never seeing a steady amount of power for a long period of time. I often overpower all my subs for that very reason. Shit bighoss ran 16k to 8 XFL 12s

daily, he'd be good with overpowering the sub IF he knew what he was doing, and what to listen/smell for. But in his case, I'd keep it at the rated spec

how much power it can take daily? 1500 rms..

people who throw more power to a sub dont run them on daily setups or even more than a minute if not less.. he is asking for a daily driver that he will use it as he drives and it can be for hour long trips.. if anyone plans on running any sub no matter what brand it is it wont take the abuse. i dont give a shit if its the Fi , aa, dc or any top brand.. aint no sub going to take over the rated power over a long period of time. the rating is there for a reason.. i used to think the same way when i was a newb.. shit this guys run 2 times its power rating how do they do it.. its easy.. its only for a short period of time not something they beat on all day on a daily setup

in a daily setup, impedance is fluctuating so much that you are never seeing a steady amount of power for a long period of time. I often overpower all my subs for that very reason. Shit bighoss ran 16k to 8 XFL 12s

daily, he'd be good with overpowering the sub IF he knew what he was doing, and what to listen/smell for. But in his case, I'd keep it at the rated spec

x2 on this. Running rated rms power always disappoints me. I feel like those rating are intended for newbies who match amp to sub rms power but clip the shit out of the signal. Setting gains correctly I don't see why you couldn't 1.5x rms or more and get the the most out of your equipment.

Sure say you match rms of a sub with the rms of the amp. Impedance rise and all is going to eat away that power so at the end of the day you'll be seeing 1/4 of rms rating.

I enjoy when I can put CLAMPED rms to my subs.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

When I used to compete back in the day (2000-2003) car audio guys were so much more friendly and open to give even noobs advice on how to do things. These days, anytime someone asks how do you do something they are immediately shunned and told if you have to ask then follow the manufacturers specs. What a bunch of dicks. I still enjoy having fun with car audio and sharing my knowledge base with anyone who asks. I've been doing this for years and there are not many enthusiasts in my area. I might get a little red or confrontational when someone tells me their 2 kicker comp subs in a prefab sealed enclosure with a Pyle 2400 watt amp does 175 decibels with nothing more than a 4 gauge wire running from the stock battery to the crap amp in the trunk, but when someone approaches me and asks, hey how do these guys run double power on subwoofers in these cars, I can have a 25 minute conversation on how and why, but I don't act like I'm the "king of car audio" and say if you have to ask don't do it. So magically when you all first experimented with car audio the answer how to do things just fell out if the sky and landed on your face huh? No someone who knew what the hell they were doing probably explained it to you. So please, Stop acting like stuck up bitches and help people.

:banhim::ThatWasGay::shutup::gay::soapbox::jon::ban2:

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

so this guy comes in and tries to say competitors were more friendly. are these the same competitors who put blankets over their boxes covered their windows and would come close to throwing hands if you tried to see what they were running? or the same ones from termpro and sounddomain that would tell you tontry it and find out how it would do

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

This thread has derailed.

I don't care what anybody says, stick with the manufacture's power rating. Go ahead and run double or triple that power, but don't be upset or confused when you cook that subwoofer. Yeah there are guys here who run more than rated power, and yes, we can argue that they are more experienced or know more about the particular manufacture and how far they can push the limits of their products. The point is there's still a power rating, it's not for the people who don't know, its for the safety of the subwoofer itself. That's what it can safely handle for long periods of time. Sure you can go give it more, but you're taking that risk, not the subwoofer.

It's like sports cars. A Ferrari can go 350kmh, and everyone knows it can but you better be a damn good driver to go that fast or at least know what will happen if you make a mistake.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s