Second Skin Audio

Wall help, please!

Today, I went to play some music in my truck per usual, and my actual wall portion of my wall is flexing a good 1/4" peak to peak on anything below 28hz. It's never happened before, and started today for seemingly no reason at all. This makes a very audible clicking sound, and it's driving me nuts. The wall is 2.25" thick in itself, and then there's a bunch of expanding foam behind that. Upon getting out of my car I noticed that the entire rear of my truck is now flexing like crazy, so I'm tending to connect the two issues. I think the body may be "slapping" the wall so to speak. Does that seem like the right idea? If so or if not, how do you suggest I combat this?

Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.

Brace it.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I can post some pics later, or maybe tomorrow. How would you recommend going about bracing the baffle, or do you mean brace the body? Inside of the box is fine, at least the vented section. It's a 4th. I'll pull a sub and check the sealed section when I go out for pics.

For bracing you can try and put all thread rods in on the part that is flexing and tighten them down.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

All thread, wooden dowels, or anything relatively small so it doesn't affect net volume as much. Can do 2x4 to but they take up some volume. Bracing I'd one of the most important parts of such big boxes in order to prevent flex. Can help with sq and spl to actually.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Ok, think I was misunderstood. I did not mean the loading wall was flexing. The box itself does not flex at all, except for the top panel. I thought this was the issue so I braced it last night with some additional 2x4 but it did not fix the wall's flex. I don't know how to add pics, but it's the very outer rim of the baffle sealing off the rear of the cabin. The baffle is about 4 inches wide by 2.25 in thick. This baffle is flexing on the driver's side right next to my head. I left about a 1/2 inch gap between the edge of the wall and the body of the vehicle (which I then filled with expanding foam) to prevent this exact issue, but it clearly did not work.

To add a pic.

Step 1:take pic

Step 2: upload pic to photobucket

Step 3: copy and past the IMG: here.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived