Sonic Electronix

1994 Chevy silverado 1500 regular cab audio help

Hello my name is Kory Miller I am 17 and I recently bought a 1994 Chevy Silverado 1500 regular cab pickup from my parents. I replaced all the speaker with pyle 240 watt 3 way 4x6 speakers. I am getting ready to replace the cassete player and radio with Pioneer DEH-X7500HD radio. I am wanting to put subs and an amp in my truck but I am looking to go cheap but still sounds good. I have been debating on either 2 10" subs or 4 8" or 2 8"'s and 1 10". What do you guys think on size wise, brand, and what type of box? I would be building the box so dimensions and ported or non-ported and what not would be greatly appreciated. And also what amp. My dad has a rockford fosgate punch 45 I might possibly able to have but im not sure yet. Any tips or suggestions would be great. if you want to text me ideas that would be great my number is (269)917-0099. No spam or ads please.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SMD.

You might get a few ideas from www.gmt400.com ... Great place to get info on GMT400 trucks like ours !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

A single 10 on 1000w is plenty. Such as a sundown sa-10 on a soundqubed 750.1

When I get back home I can set you up a near replica of the I used in my 96 regular cab that played 26-50hz amazingly. Also allowed the seat to be fully reclined with sparr room on the side of the seat.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

You should have room for 2 10s ported with Aero ports firing at the passenger side B-pillar.

How much are you looking to spend? I've designed a box or two for regular cabs ;)

As far as amp suggestions, it really depends on budget and what you want to run for subs. Cross out the idea of "2 8s and a 10" that doesn't work out well, I assure you. Just stick with two of the same sized subs and you'll be good to go. How much leg room are you willing to sacrifice?

Go take a tape measure and get the width(should be near 60") height, and top depth and bottom depth, article since the seats angle it will be a wedge shaped box.

I could probably guess about what you're dimensions are, but different trim level trucks had different interiors. A folding center console leaves a bit less room usually. A truck with true bucket seats have a little more wiggle room.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Iirc, its 58w, 16 or 18 high, 8.5 on the bottom, and 5.5 and the top.

For a single 10, I did 32w, 14 high, 7.5 on the bottom, 5.5 top, using 1/2 inch birch. 2 3inch pvc ports that were 20 inches long, tuned wayyyyy too low.

Was 1.24 cubes after displacements, which worked perfectly because I underpowered.

Big thing on regular cabs, tuning below 35hz is kinda silly because of the way the cab acts...

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I agree with the above. Tuning at 36-40 us perfectly fine. The cabin will have an effect on it and allow it to play lower. A good, quality single 10" sub could blow your mind. If you had room for a couple, even better. It depends on if you'd like to sacrifice leg room, or how tall you are :D

As said, welcome to the forum.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Ill be different id much rsther do 4 8s on 2k but I have no idea what your budget is

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I had no problems with my Black 91 Chevy having a pair of 10s in a sealed enclosure behind the seat ...

Just built one for my Son's 88 Ford truck the other day ...

image_url-43297-1396834517_thumb.jpgimage_url-43297-1396834553_thumb.jpg

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived