Sonic Electronix

Best car makes and models for after market car audio

Hi everyone,

I have been searching for quite a while to try to find some information on the best makes and models of cars and SUV's for car audio. I currently am running two JL Audio 12W3v3's powered by a Alpine MRV-M500 in a 98 Buick Century. I also have pioneer 3-ways in the front doors and Rockford Fosgate Prime 6x9's in the back as being powered through a standard $100 JVC headunit. Its nothing to blow your socks off but definitely packs a pretty good punch and I am happy with the setup. I am in the market for a new car and am wanting to know if anyone has any input on what is a good list of solid cars (American preferably) for aftermarket car audio systems. My idea of good would be easiness and simplicity of working on, structurally reliable, and audio quality. Now I am no audio expert but I do know that all systems sound different in different cars, even with the same exact equipment. I am planning on keeping the setup I have, as far as the subs and amp, in whatever car I purchase. Down the road, I will eventually upgrade to something bigger, more around the 1000-1500 RMS range and want something that I can "grow into" if you will. If anyone can give me insight on the topic, I would greatly appreciate it.

All I can tell you it is all in the size of system you want. You can get a Tahoe fit 4 18s in there but dont be crying when your getting 8 mpg. Btw Chevy would probably be the best bet for high output alts, and lots of aftermarket parts\ accessories.

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

Hmmm, ... Monte Carlo's. All years. :)

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Thanks for the input so far.

To clearlify a little bit I might add that I would prefer a mid sized sedan or a smaller SUV. It would be a daily driver and I would never want to modify it to the point where is it not clean and/or stock (or at lease stock-ish looking). Dont want to attract any unwanted attention to the car when parked in parking lots or on street at night. A bunch of different options and accessories are a positive as well.

Chevy Blazer/GMC Jimmy.

Bulletproof v6's and decently stout auto's if you take car of them.

Chevy Silverado/Tahoe/Suburban and GMC Sierra/Yukon/Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalades...

Fullsize GM vehicles since 1988 lol.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived