SQ Build in a convertible Sebring...

BZRK_J

What are your suggestions guys? I want to keep it as cheap as I can, no budget yet... Thinking about Rockford because I've never had a problem with them, they're cheap, and have great reviews. I was thinking an R500x1D for 2 R2D4 12's and not sure on door speakers and for the headunit, maybe a cheap KDC-155u. I don't really want to have to power the door speakers from an amp because I'd need a better radio for more RCA outputs. For wiring I was thinking a 4g kit from Knu. But another bad thing is the soft top convertible, won't too much air leak or would it be ok? Thanks for the suggestions ahead of time...

Sorry about the late reply. It's for my moms car so I guess just kinda loud but really clean, you know? I had 2 P3 15's in a box @ 32hz on a t1000 in my truck and she loved the bass but I'm still a little skiddish on the soft top in her car.

You want a good daily setup that you can hear with the top down?

I ask because there's going to be a HUGE price jump and difference in install difficulty going from a good daily system to an SQ system

*UPDATE* Just ordered a Kenwod KDC BT318u. I have 2 kicker 6 1/2's and 2 Rockford inch tweeters for now. Still better than stock. Any ideas on nice sounding speakers that won't break the bank? Honestly thinking of just a component set or 2.

What's your mounting depth like? For the price, crescendo PWXs impress. Take a fair bit of power too, so they'd go great with a 4 channel.

You'd need a separate tweeter though

WelI got the radio in and it looks real nice. Tried taking off the door panel and sure enough, it ripped... Weak from the sun or I just don't know my own strength /: haha. I'm still trying to find a video to help me take off the door panel unless someone has any info on a 2005 Sebring convertible 2 door on taking off the door panels...

Archived